Account Associate, Internal Sales
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 23 nov. 17 2017-11-23
Account Associate, Internal Sales
POSITIONS ARE LOCATED IN NEW YORK, NY & NEWPORT BEACH, CA.
The talent, dedication and spirit of PIMCO's people are the most important factors in our success as a global investment solutions provider over the last four decades. Over 2,150 professionals in 12 global offices every day strive to deliver on our mission of managing risks and delivering returns for our clients.
PIMCO's Global Wealth Management division is currently seeking an Account Associate, Internal Sales to join our team.
The mission of an Account Associate ("AA"), working in close partnership with a field-based Account Manager ("AM"), is to develop and maintain meaningful client relationships with financial advisors (at wirehouses, regional and independent broker/dealers) in a geographic territory for the purpose of acquiring and retaining mutual fund and other professionally managed assets.
What you'll do:
- Have a real passion for, and remain well-informed on, the financial markets, the global economic environment, asset allocation, investment vehicles and the overall financial services industry
- Achieve high levels of substantive client interaction - via phone, e-mail, screen-sharing, and at times, in-person meetings (territory travel, industry conferences, due diligence, etc.)
- Successfully establish an understanding of the nature and needs of our clients varying business practices
- Confidently provide relevant market insight, product information, investment ideas and sales support
- Strategically handle activities in the territory, including contributions to the formation and implementation of a business plan
- Seek to be empowered to think and act like effective business leaders, assuming full responsibility for development of certain client segments
- Recognize ongoing training and continuing education are critical to cultivating the strongest client relationships. Numerous AAs have attained CFA, CIMA, CAIA, and other industry designations with firm support
- Be ready to make a difference on the team by participating in department meetings, engaging colleagues across different PIMCO functions, participating and leading working groups, sharing unique ideas, fully utilizing continuous mentoring and training, etc.
- Develop a long-term career with PIMCO, with the potential to serve clients and the firm in various ways over time. A number of experienced and dedicated AAs have transitioned to external wholesaling, national accounts, and client-facing roles in other distribution channels
- Goal driven and a firm believer that given enough time and resources, you can achieve any goal
- Have excellent people skills: you love to pay attention to people, are engaging, and almost never run out of relevant things to discuss
- Friendly, and genuinely enjoy working in a team environment, yet ready to run with projects independently
- Relationship building is a key part of your life
- Known for your strong verbal and written communication skills
- Inquisitive, and have a natural thirst for knowledge
- Looking for a good challenge, big or small
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licensed (preferred, but not required)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.