The role requires working closely with both technology and business units to ensure the timely analysis and resolution of issues raised in these businesses on a day to day basis. These businesses deal in a range of activities including algorithmic trading of equities to risk management of complex exotic products, with the help of several integrated applications. Top skills required: 1) Strong leadership, communication and incident management skills. 2) Strong tech skills (Linux, Network, Monitoring, Scripting) 3) Strong Equities background with Algos and SORs.
· Provide day-to-day technical expertise and operational support to obtain highest degrees of production stability for the Front Office / Middle Office applications.
- Support applications for end to end trade lifecycle including algorithmic trading, trade execution and booking, market data, risk management, etc.
- Establish working relationships with other members of the Production Management team in other regions and across the organization as appropriate.
Technical skills, knowledge and experience
- Equities and Derivatives product knowledge
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in supporting Sales &and Trading, Risk & Trade management platforms
- Working knowledge of SQL and stored procedures (experience with Sybase and Oracle databases)
- Working knowledge of UNIX (experience with Linux preferred)
- Strong software and business systems design, analysis, development and support skills preferred
- Basic knowledge of network and server fundamentals
- Python, UNIX, Bash experience is a plus
- Strong incident management skills and ability to follow up on root causes and action items
- Lead all aspects of team management, performance, shifts, runbooks and procedures
- Grow, train and develop each team member in order to position them for further career success
- Ability to partner with business and technology stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal relationship / teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English, providing clear problem descriptions
- Proven complex problem solving/management skills and a strong eye for detail
- Proactive individual showing eagerness to learn and a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to handle multiple competing tasks in an ordered manner, prioritizing to ensure business deliverables are met even under stressful situations
- Exhibit leadership behavior which supports the business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management