Alternative Investment Associate - Wealth Management Operations
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Global Wealth Management Operations provides brokerage, investment and financial services to hundreds of thousands of individual investors. We apply our expertise in serving institutional clients to create new opportunities for people to achieve their personal financial goals. Morgan Stanley has one of the largest retail brokerage networks, with numerous worldwide representatives and retail locations. Our services are tailored to each client's investment objectives, risk tolerance, and financial needs. Products include mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and alternative investments where appropriate, as well as banking, mortgages, insurance and annuities.
Alternative Investment (AI) Operations supports the operational processing for ensuring clients who look to invest in the funds offered by MSSB Alternative Investments Group are able to do so in accordance with the terms and time frames set forth by the fund. Similarly, the AI Operations group supports ensuring clients who look to redeem out of or transfer their AI position do so in accordance with the funds cutoff. The products offered are Hedge Funds, Funds of Funds, Exchange Funds, Private Equity, Real-estate Funds as well as Custom Portfolio of funds.
- Perform various Alternative Investments transaction reconciliation on a daily basis
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting and projects
- Process transactions (example, subscriptions, distributions, redemptions, valuations and transfers) daily with time sensitive deadlines
- Address various inquiries from Financial Advisors on a daily basis
- Perform testing for new or amended technology implementation Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least 3 years of finance industry/operations experience (Fund of Funds and Hedge Funds)
- Efficient time management skills and ability to prioritize competing urgent tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong reasoning and problem-solving skills
- High level of attention to detail and understanding the importance of accuracy in quality of work
- Client Service oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/VLOOKUP/Pivot Tables