Analyst - US Public Finance
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today’s global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings is seeking a credit analyst to work in the Utilities team, which is a core component of the U.S. Public Finance Group. The Utilities team includes the public power sector, water and sewer sector and municipal bond funds. The analyst position is based in New York with an emphasis in the public power sector.
Understanding of financial analysis, data trend analysis, and municipal finance is required, as well as a desire to work with governmental issuers and to learn about the utilities sectors. Applicants should have strong writing and verbal communication skills. The position has high visibility and solid growth potential.
- Gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Review financial and cash flow models and relevant legal and disclosure documents developed by debt issuers
- Research, review and summarize industry subject matter
- Write and publish research reports and participate in the evaluation of utility credits
- Participate in formal meetings with senior management of rated utilities; communicate with industry professionals including institutional investors, investment bankers and financial advisors
- Contribute to issuer and industry reports for publication
- Additional projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required and a minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in public finance or utility analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills as well as high-quality writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, transaction-oriented environment
- Some travel required
- Ease in working with colleagues located in multiple geographic locations
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp