Analyst, Engagement Financial Advisor - Summer 2020 (NYC, NY)
Engagement Financial Advisors:
The Engagement Financial Advisor (EFA) Practice is a client-driven organization, partnering as trusted business advisors to champion operational excellence, lead finance transformation efforts, and optimize financial performance for Deloitte. EFAs are financial and business operations advisors and are experts on Deloitte engagement economics and financial metrics. EFAs add value during all stages of the engagement lifecycle, from proposal phase to engagement close.
EFAs assist with account reporting, provide engagement pricing support, and other tasks tailored to the needs of each account and project team. In a sense, EFAs serve as the Chief Financial Officer for each engagement. It's an exciting time to join the EFA Practice as we continue to grow our team in response to unprecedented demand for our services across Deloitte.
The EFA practice sits within Deloitte Services LP, which ultimately provides services per client need amongst Deloitte's four business areas. Work You'll Do
As an Analyst, Engagement Financial Advisor (EFA)
, you will assist engagement leadership in managing revenue and margins by emphasizing cost of delivery that affects overall engagement profitability. In addition, you will:
• Maintain compliance with clients' policies, perform internal financial analysis including budgeting, forecasting, and cost variance analysis, and help manage engagements' billing and receivables process
• Monitor engagement performance and determine improvement areas by developing key performance indicators and frequently communicate with the engagement team, finance department, and other engagement stakeholders to keep engagements on track and within the scope of cost
• Team and collaborate with other EFAs across the practice, including our practitioners in India Qualifications
We are seeking candidates who have demonstrated exceptional performance in these and other related majors: Accounting, Finance, Economics, and Business Management
• Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA and equal or stronger performance in your major(s)
• Experience, interest, and aptitude in finance and/or accounting
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office programs: Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Attention to detail and timeliness in delivering on commitments
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to solve complex problems and communicate findings
• Engagement Financial Advisors work at a minimum of 45 hours per week, and can often work in excess of that depending on need
• All candidates must be willing and able to travel as needed for their clients, however, depending on staffing needs, most positions are in-office-based with limited travel required
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future How You'll Grow
As a new EFA Analyst, your first years will provide you with education, experience, and exposure to opportunities that will help you build your future with us. At the start, you'll have the chance to attend our new hire school for Engagement Financial Advisors. There you'll begin to build your network of EFA colleagues, better understand your role, and develop the knowledge and skills that are critical to your success. Along the way, you'll also have access to mentoring, counselling, and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Deloitte's Culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate Citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter Tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: S20NYCSF21JUNAR-EFA