Analyst, Products- TH Real Estate
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Nuveen Investments
- 20 nov. 17 2017-11-20
Analyst, Products- TH Real Estate
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at http://www.nuveen.com/
ABOUT TH REAL ESTATE:
TH Real Estate is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world with $104 billion in AUM. Managing a suite of nearly 80 funds and mandates spanning both debt and equity across diverse geographies, sectors, investment styles and vehicle types, we provide access to every aspect of real estate investing. With offices in 18 cities throughout the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific, over 450 professionals and 60 years of investing experience, the platform offers impressive local expertise coupled with a sophisticated global perspective.
Our investment, asset management and corporate strategies grow from a deep understanding of the structural trends that we believe will shape the future of real estate and responsible investing beyond market cycles. This 'Tomorrow's World' approach sits at the core of our investment process and business operations, informing our long-term view of real estate investments for the enduring benefit of both clients and society. Please visit www.threalestate.com for more information.
The role will be responsible for supporting the broad activities of the TH Real Estate Product & Solutions group in the Americas. The analyst will report to the Americas Head of Product and Solutions, who is based in New York. The position offers an opportunity to interact with many functional groups within the firm, and has significant exposure to senior executives and product development decision making. The role more particularly involves assisting in the development, marketing and distribution of new products.
Essential to the role is an ability to create and articulate strategic plans relating to existing and future products, taking into consideration multiple client channels, industry, market, regulatory and technology trends.
A key deliverable is the oversight and execution of product development initiatives, including fund launches and closures, repositioning of existing products, innovating new product ideas in partnership with investment and both US and international advisory services/clients. The candidate must have excellent relationship and virtual management skills, and demonstrate an ability to work effectively across functions, businesses, and management levels.
The ideal candidate has a strong interest in market/industry research, product design and structuring, possesses quantitative and analytical skills, is able to solve problems creatively, and has a passion for driving commercial outcomes. A high level of engagement is a must. The position is an opportunity to work in a small, high-pace, highly visible business unit within TH Real Estate.
The role requires an ambitious and motivated self-starter to assist in growing the Americas products business and help establish a high performance team culture and workplace.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Research and analysis of industry trends, competitors and product characteristics to support product development activities
- Preparation of detailed product presentations, proposals and recommendations
- Responding to inquiries from external business partners, as well as business partners across the broader TIAA organization
- Supporting both the US advisory services and global advisory services teams with timely investment and performance information and analysis to support products on platform
- Performing financial analysis of investment opportunities and fund performance
- Working closely with the Marketing team to develop product support materials and distribution ideas
- Ensuring that the investment stories for assigned products are presented consistently and that the products are properly positioned across all client touch points
- Helping to define, build the business case, prioritize and help execute product initiatives
- Screening, evaluating, and helping to execute on new product, new business, M&A and partnership opportunities that align with the overall THRE strategy
- Participating in and evaluating growth opportunities through cross-business unit initiatives with other TIAA business units, including Nuveen affiliates, Institutional Financial Services, and Retail Financial Services
- Participating in and contributing to pipeline discussions and teleconferences as required
- Developing and managing detailed project plans in support of product development and product repositioning initiatives
- Interacting with cross-functional teams, including representatives from portfolio management, legal, compliance, fund administration, finance, advisory services and marketing in executing product initiatives
- BA or BS is mandatory
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience helpful, including at a leading asset manager, investment bank or law firm
- Ability to perform financial analysis in Excel
- Ability to read critically
- Ability to work collaboratively with other functional teams to drive product development and implementation.
- Strong team player with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to translate between being strategically minded and tactically focused to ensure team effectively executes critical enterprise deliverables/objectives
- Travel required (5-15%)
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.