Application Support Specialist
As a Barclays' Application Support Specialist you will join our Research IT team and occupy a unique position working to provide technology solutions, support and services for Barclays Research. This is a mixed tech/support role involving direct interaction with analysts and members of the Barclays Research production team. You will be asked to apply your software development skills to provide support for our applications and also to liaise with our global development team.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
• Ensure that Investment Research is published as required in a timely manner by resolving any technical obstacles with our research authoring and publishing software and related systems
• Work directly with our technical support and development teams
• Provide technical support for our Barclays Research analysts and editorial/production staff on a daily basis
• Monitoring the state of key software systems and taking steps to remediate observed issues What we're looking for:
• Ability to debug full-stack web applications
• Ability to work effectively under time-constraints with limited information
• Thoughtful, thorough and creative troubleshooting skills
• Excellent communications and collaboration skills Skills that will help you in the role:
• Basics of SQL, MongoDB administration
• General knowledge of HTTP and HTML technologies
• General knowledge of Java language and Basics of Java Spring framework Where will you be working?
Barclays' U.S. headquarters is located at 745 Seventh Avenue in New York, NY. At Barclays, we offer you an engaging and challenging environment, giving you the opportunity to make the most of your unique set of skills. We also have an extensive range of learning and development initiatives designed to support you both personally and professionally.