Asset Management - Fixed Income Currencies and Commodities- Commercial Real Estate Debt Group- Portfolio Management Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking .
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits. Asset Management:
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
JPMorgan's Fixed Income business is currently seeking an experienced commercial mortgage loan asset manager and underwriter to join their buy-side fixed income group.
- Assist portfolio managers in loan management and underwriting of all existing portfolio investments to validate risk ratings, populate watchlist, and determine impairments, if necessary.
- Key responsibilities also include preparation of portfolio management presentations, risk assessment and management reports, performance and pricing analysis and commercial real estate debt and equity market research as well as presenting report results to clients as appropriate and maintaining relationships with borrowers, intermediaries and servicers.
- A minimum of 3-6 years experience with an institutional real estate lender with responsibility for loan management and underwriting including:
- Experience with preparing periodic underwriting reports and presenting results to managers.
- Knowledge of fundamental real estate market and cash flow and valuation analysis for office, industrial, retail and multifamily sectors.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to model complex financial structures. Proficiency in Excel and Argus property/portfolio modeling software.
- Significant experience with performing routine approvals like leases and escrow fundings.
- Working knowledge of loan documentation (including intercreditor agreements) and experience managing legal aspects of transactions.
- Ability to review and analyze third party reports including engineering, environmental and appraisal analyses.
- Familiarity with the closing, funding process and asset management processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain relationships with borrowers, servicers, mortgage bankers, participating lenders, lawyers and team members.
- Strong research, marketing and presentation skills to facilitate existing and prospective internal and external client discussions.
- Strong project management skills to manage a large volume of workflow. Highly organized, diligent and detail oriented.
- Formal credit training is desired, but not requisite.
- Significant initiative and team orientation required.