Assistant General Counsel (Blockchain Start-up)
- 200000 + equity
- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Oakridge Staffing
- 19 mars 18 2018-03-19
The Legal team is responsible for a growing variety of corporate, risk management, intellectual property, licensing agreements, and human resources matters globally. The team provides legal advice to the Board, senior management and team members regarding all of the Company’s activities in Australia, Hong Kong, Hungary, Switzerland, the US and the UK. The Assistant General Counsel will support the General Counsel across all matters, and bring expertise and depth across corporate law and intellectual property law.
YOU MUST HAVE VERY STRONG PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE/CERTAINLY ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND PATENTS. MOST IMPORTANT - EXPERTISE IN TECH/SOFTWARE IP.
- Provide primary legal support for commercial and corporate transactions, and strategic matters, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements for among other matters, PaaS, SaaS, channel, licensing, service and operational agreements.
- Draft, negotiate, review, and interpret agreements covering the scope of our corporate and commercial activities, including financial offerings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities offerings, licensing agreements, service agreements, and other partner and vendor agreements.
- Drive development and implementation of various legal templates, forms, training materials, communications and operational systems to improve the delivery and scalability of legal resources to a worldwide, distributed customer base.
- Provide legal analyses of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance that impact product development, operations and commercial agreements, and assist in the design and implementation of appropriate policies to ensure compliance. You will also have primary responsibility within the Legal team for product compliance and intellectual property matters.
- Support corporate governance and administration for our company and its international subsidiaries, including preparing Board of Director materials and corporate resolutions.
- Advise our business development team on legal issues and risks, company policies, and business strategy; counsel our Product and Engineering teams from the early stages of product development through product launch.
- Support our HR Department to ensure full compliance with Federal, state and foreign jurisdictions’ employment laws, and assist in the investigation and resolution of employment-related issues.
- Oversee US and foreign counsel.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing, reviewing and negotiating corporate contracts involving technology products and services.
- Experience in dealing with international issues, including familiarity with international data protection requirements.
- Knows formalities of large corporate firms and/or investment banks AND has experience with venture development and culture and can move between the two modalities fluidly.
- 10+ years’ relevant law firm and in-house experience (experience at a fast-growing, pre-IPO company and/or a public, global company would be ideal).
- JD from a top law school with exceptional academic credentials.
- Can prioritize and manage multiple matters simultaneously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, rapidly scaling environment.
- Excels in communicating complex business and intellectual property issues to developers, engineers and business leaders.
- Collaborative approach that factors and embraces and insists upon diverse perspectives as a strategic imperative.
- Open, strong communicator who communicates effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually.
- Courage of convictions with a high degree of humility. Embraces constructive feedback and is resilient.
- A natural leader who builds productive and effective relationships across the organization.
- Continuous growth mindset with strong disposition toward innovation and intrapreneurial ways of working.