Associate Director API & Messaging Platform
S&P Global Market Intelligence
Job Title: Associate Director, Cloud Engineer
Job Grade: For internal use only - 12
Location: Virtual, US
S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking a Sr. Lead Engineer for the API & Messaging Platform. This role will be a key player in the analysis, design, implementation, and support a number of key business critical systems. This role requires a seasoned hands-on technologist who works effectively, both independently and collaboratively in a team environment. The ideal candidate must be delivery-focused and possess broad set of technology skills to actively evaluate and prototype new requirements and build solutions to support new processes as well as streamline existing business operations. The candidate should have financial industry background and will participate in day-to-day operational support, design, development, code reviews, unit testing, and deployment tasks.
The responsibilities and core requirements include:
• Architect, design and develop industry-leading applications to support key business needs
• Build components, and common services based on standard corporate development models, languages and tools
• Produce system design documents and lead technical walkthroughs
• Review business requirements and derive effort estimates
• Design and develop the interfaces with other internal applications.
• Respond to and resolve production issues
• Hands-on experience with Java/J2EE and Microsoft .NET C# development
• Hands-on experience with services oriented architecture (SOA), Web Services and messaging platform (broker based as well as brokerless) including queues, topics and live peer-to-peer data streaming.
• Experience with Kafka, SonicMQ, Informatica Ultra Messaging (UM), APIGee & Kong.
Compensation and Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,600 - $230,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent is required.
• Subject matter expert knowledge of middleware messaging, system architecture, object-oriented design, and J2EE/.NET framework and patterns.
• Understands well the SOA concepts and tools - i.e. XML, WSDL, WADL, JSON, Web Services, RESTful services, SOAP, ServiceMesh, etc.
• Experience in design and deployment of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based components for business solutions and integration with good understanding of SOA concepts - i.e. Service abstraction, System Integration, Reusable Designs, etc.
• Knowledge in managing and administrating Application Servers i.e. WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat as well as Kubernetes/EKS in cloud.
• Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies.
• Work experience with a financial data vendor is a plus
• Team player and excellent communication/presentation skills
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
From https://careers.spglobal.com/ShowJob/Id/2618177/Business-Analyst/ >
IFTECH103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
259072 Posted On:
Princeton, New Jersey, United States