Associate Director, Global Compensation
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit
- 19 nov. 18
Associate Director, Global Compensation
Provide ownership, execution and delivery of full scope of activities associated with the development and administration of competitive and legally compliant compensation programs. Leads and manages global compensation programs and projects, as well as coordinates activities and prepares recommendations requiring a broad and thorough understanding of compensation techniques, methods and practices. This position partners with HR Strategists and Business Leaders and leverages an understanding of business operations and strategy to help build a sound vision and comprehensive solutions to meet customer needs as it relates to global compensation programs.
Duties & accountabilities
- Advises, guides and educates managers and HR managers regarding compensation programs, policies, and processes that support our global environment.
- Conduct quantitative modeling and analysis on a broad range of compensation projects including compensation analysis of compensation programs and initiatives (eg incentive design and planning; competitive pay analysis)
- Cultivates and maintains a high level of trust and confidentiality with senior management and HR Strategists
- Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation, critical thinking and analysis that improves business performance and contributes to corporate goals and strategic intent that support global compensation programs
- Provides thought leadership, guidance and advice in area of global compensation programs
- Manages a broad range of compensation projects, including financial analysis of compensation programs and initiatives, (e.g., incentive design and planning, competitive pay analyses, etc.)
- Provides guidance to special compensation studies for specific functional areas; analyzing market trends, completing statistical studies, and developing recommendations and action plans designed to attract, retain, and reward employees
- Analyzes internal equity and provides recommendations in support of competitive pay practices.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to provide advanced compensation guidance and advice to unique situations including base salary, sign-on bonuses and other rewards.
- Conducts job evaluations and provides recommendations to managers on salary, level, pay grades
- Manage/Lead annual compensation planning process for supporting business area (e.g., salary planning, cash incentive plans and long-term incentive awards)
- Liaise and support various HR and finance functions - including compensation planning systems, payroll, finance and HRIS
- Ensures compensation design and processes are integrated with delivery of other HR processes and programs.
- Provide local insight on competitive landscape, market trends and movements
- Ensures regulatory compliance, as appropriate
- In addition to the noted accountabilities above, this position may be responsible for leading other compensation-related projects that are deemed appropriate for the organization in support of IHS Markit's total rewards principles.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent; background in finance, economics or statistics preferred
- 10+ years of experience in compensation or related discipline, preferably in Financial Services or Global Company
- Knowledge of advanced HR processes and core compensation principles.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, high attention to detail and well organized
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Ability to work autonomously, while recognizing team oriented goal
- Dedicated self-starter that is willing to go the extra mile, "reaching" vs. being specifically directed to do; utilitarian player
- Essential time-management skills in order to meet stringent deadlines
- Extreme attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Must be a team player, able to navigate a highly matrixed, fast paced organization
- Enjoys problem solving through a consultative/consensus based approach and streamlining processes
- High level administration skills
- Resourceful and pro-active
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to influence and communicate shared decisions
- Strong team player but can also work independently
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.