Position Summary: Associate Director, Global Research & Design The Role
: Associate Director, Global Research & Design The Location
: New York, Virtual (USA, Canada) The Team
: Global Research & Design, Americas Grade:
12 (relevant to internal only) The Impact
The Global Research & Design group at S&P Dow Jones Indices is looking for a quantitative research analyst with a strong background in mathematics and computer programming to support the Americas region research team.
The team is responsible for the conceptualization and design of new indices for S&P Dow Jones Indices, and the creation of research to provoke thinking on new passive investment concepts. The team serves as an innovator and thought leader within and outside the organization. Your Impact:
This role handles all aspects to support the research and design for equity and multi-asset indices and involves generating investment ideas, gathering and cleansing data, back-testing strategies, running index analytics, finalizing index methodologies, preparing presentations, and publishing research papers.
This role offers significant independence and flexibility in index design projects, with direct exposure to a global client base during each project development phase. Responsibilities
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
- Perform portfolio construction, back-testing, and quantitative analysis of various index strategies including smart beta, multi-asset, sustainability, thematic, etc.
- Present strategies and analysis to internal groups and external clients
- Support lead analysts on data gathering, data quality assurance, and index analytics
- Create research publications, documentations, and other presentation collateral
- Develop, support, and utilize Python libraries and other automation tools and processes
- Coordinate with the rest of the Global R&D team, as well as other functional groups including Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Channel, and Index Management
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines
- Must be able to clearly communicate (verbal + written + presentation material) to a variety of audiences
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- 5+ years of professional experience in a financial services or analytics role, or another quantitative/technical role with appreciation for/interest in financial markets preferred
- Exposure to global financial markets in publicly traded assets (equities, fixed income, commodities, currencies) beneficial
- Exposure to indexing highly beneficial
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in a quantitative field such as Finance, Computational Finance, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Economics, or Engineering. Graduate degree or Ph.D. beneficial
- Progress towards or completion of CFA charter exams beneficial
- Experience using financial data applications (FactSet, Morningstar, Bloomberg, Reuters, Axioma, Barra)
- Programming skills in Python, MATLAB, and/or R
- Hands-on experience with portfolio back-testing and simulation
Visa sponsorship/transfer is available for this position
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $155,000 - $195,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
S&P Dow Jones Indices provides iconic and innovative index solutions, bringing transparency to global capital markets. Interview and Hiring Process:
- Résumé/CV submission: Apply through Workday
- Pre-interview screening and information gathering: Either through a quick online form or a 15-minute call with HR/Recruiting
- First round interview: 30-60 minutes
- Python test and 500-word writing sample: There will be a deadline (3-4 days), but it shouldn't take more than a few hours to complete both items. You can choose when we should email the materials to you.
- Panel interview: 3 interviews, 30-45 minutes each. Can be scheduled either as a single continuous block or 3 separate sessions, depending on availability.
- Start at S&P
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
272583 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States