Associate Director, UX Design
Newmark Knight Frank (NKF)
is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents. About Workframe:
Workframe is a cloud-based workflow solution that was purpose-built for the commercial real estate industry. The application provides a portfolio-level view of real estate initiatives, giving large corporate tenants, landlords, brokers and service providers unprecedented visibility into their workflow and actionable data that can be leveraged to drive efficiency and process optimization.
The company was acquired by Newmark Group, Inc. in 2019, and is on a mission to drive value for the firm's service professionals and clients through a differentiated, tech-forward approach to client service. This is a rare opportunity to join a thriving, fast-paced, "startup-like" team within one of the world's premier commercial real estate firms.
To learn more about Workframe click here Role Description:
As the Senior UX Designer, you will work directly with our Product and Engineering teams to map out and execute the path to drive the Workframe platform forward. You will be hands-on as it relates to day-to-day UX design, sprint planning and working directly with engineers. You will work closely with Product to map personas, research the competitive landscape and participate in research sessions with existing and potential users. Additionally, you will be responsible for walking the team through designs, collecting and integrating feedback, and establishing best practices.
The position is based in New York City and will report to Workframe's Managing Director, Product & Engineering. Essential Job Duties:
Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Lead the day-to-day design process on a cross-functional team (Product, UX, Dev), from discovery through UX/UI implementation;
- Work with Product to lead and manage user research to ensure that we are continuously learning more about our users' workflow, problems and needs.
- Constantly work with key stakeholders across the company to come up with elegant, scalable solutions to user problems;
- Provide design solutions in the form of journey maps, wireframes, prototypes and hi-fidelity designs;
- Support design solutions by testing internally and conducting user testing sessions when necessary;
- Work closely with engineers to implement and release product updates; and
- Respect and contribute to the evolving design system as well as build out a new style guide.
Benefits and Perks:
- 3-5 years of Product and Interaction Design experience (startup and SaaS experience is a plus);
- Demonstrated passion for end-to-end Product Design;
- Intuitive ability to design experiences that feel good, look good and address important user needs;
- Experience working with complex applications that are used on a daily basis by users;
- Ability to think strategically while exhibiting a rigorous attention to detail;
- Natural team player who thrives on collaborating with others;
- Ability to provide a portfolio that speaks to your process and end results.
- Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
- Generous healthcare
- Bright Horizons back-up care program
- Generous paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Opportunities to network and connect
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location.
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Newmark Knight Frank
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.