Associate, Investment Management, US Private Capital
Description About this role
US Private Capital Associate
BlackRock's US Private Capital ("USPC") is a private investment business unit of BlackRock's Global Fundamental Credit Platform. We are a dedicated team focused on providing innovative capital solutions to US middle market companies through directly originated investments that generate attractive risk-adjusted returns.
We are seeking an Associate-level professional to join a small team that manages a portfolio of over 100 privately placed debt investments. This person will be responsible for the regular monitoring of the investments and preparation of periodic reports of performance. This position will report into the Head of Portfolio Management and partner with other professionals within the organization. Candidates should have a background in credit investing with research and modeling skills to assist in portfolio monitoring and managing existing investments as well as familiarity with underwriting new investments. Critical to individual success will be investment judgment, ability to work constructively with investment partners, willingness to take initiative, being resourceful and intellectually curious. Job Responsibilities:
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Research industries, companies and create detailed financial models to highlight relevant metrics to be used in the investment decision making process
- Produce quality analysis of company and diligence information to support investment conclusions
- Develop accurate, flexible financial models / scenario analysis
- Preparation of concise, accurate and complete investment memoranda
- Actively monitor portfolio existing portfolio names
Degree / License:
- Investment Banking experience a plus
- Superior analytical, thinking, and communication (oral and written) skills
- Candidates must be comfortable participating in diligence meetings with senior management; portfolio companies, sponsors and other investment professionals
- Motivated, self-starter that seeks problem solving situations
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Must be able to work in team-oriented environment and show ability to quickly climb learning curve
- Finance Degree or related business Degree
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.