Asst DIR - Machine Learning/ NLP - Research Scientist/ Engineer
Job Description As a Machine Learning / NLP - Research Scientist / Engineer (Assistant Director) in the Machine Learning team, reporting to the Senior Director, ML and AI, you will drive algorithmic and engineering improvements in Moodys Analytic's core machine learning and AI-driven products, that have a transformative impact across multiple MA units by enabling new automation capabilities, and improving efficiency and performance across multiple business lines. You'll leverage your expertise and experience to work on initiatives , under guidance from the senior director AI/ML, in problems like supervised and unsupervised learning, classification, predictive modeling, risk modeling , sentiment analysis, relation extraction, text summarization, entity recognition, information retrieval, and natural language generation as well as engineering and designs for the next iterations of our product lines, using ML, deep learning, and NLP.
The Machine Learning / NLP- Research Scientist (Assistant Director) will be a core member of the Machine Learning team within the Moody's Analytics Accelerator (formerly known as the Emerging Business Unit ) reporting to the Senior Director, ML and AI,. The ML team is a highly visible team working across multiple business lines that is key to the Moody's Analytics' (MA) long-term growth strategy using AI and ML. Responsibilities
- Conduct applied research and engineering on emerging machine learning, deep learning and NLP solutions applied to natural language (text) and unstructured data and be conversant with the latest developments in these fields under guidance from senior team members
- Under guidance from senior team members, enable new capabilities in document understanding and knowledge extraction from text using state-of-art deep learning techniques and frameworks.
- Deliver custom, highly scalable deep learning, and NLP solutions, models, and implement practical AI solutions through prototyping, POC, and quantitative metrics, and deliver production-grade code bases for new AI workflows and solutions .
- Under guidance from senior team members, develop new systems for evaluating model accuracy and building better-annotated training corpora by developing data collection and annotation processes.
- Discuss, suggest, and brainstorm new advanced technology solutions with team members, with mentorship from senior members.
- Communicate results and models to team members and explain methodologies to team members and stakeholders in layperson terminology.
- B.S. or MS in computer science, statistics, machine learning, or other quantitative fields.
- 2+ years of applied R&D experience or professional experience (research in a university or industry) developing and deploying data and algorithm-driven software products.
- Strong programming skills (3+ years of programming experience) in Python, Java, R, or Scala.
- Knowledge of NLP and machine learning libraries such as SpaCy, NLTK, Stanford NLP, Numpy, and Scikit-learn.
- Experience with specialized NLP tasks such as sentiment analysis, relation extraction, summarization, entity recognition, document classification, and knowledge base generation.
- Hands-on working experience with deep learning and Big Data frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Caffe, Fast.ai, MXNet, Spark, or Hadoop.
- Experience beyond using open source tools as-is, and writing custom code on top of, or in addition to, existing open source frameworks.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) to explain complex algorithms, solutions to stakeholders across multiple disciplines, and the ability to work in a diverse team
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.