BAAM – Global Markets Team, Data Analytics Specialist
Job Description: BAAM - Global Markets Team, Data Analytics Specialist Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $545 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone . Business Unit:
BAAM Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (BAAM®) manages approximately $81 billion across a diversified set of businesses, including a customized portfolio solutions business, a special situations platform, a business that purchases GP stakes in alternative asset managers, an open-ended mutual fund platform, and an emerging manager seeding business. BAAM invests across a variety of asset classes and strategies to create solutions for its investors. Through its sharp focus on clients' goals, a rigorous due-diligence process and access to Blackstone's global insights, BAAM strives to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns across market cycles while mitigating downside risk during stressed market environments. Job Title:
Data Analytics Specialist - Global Markets Job Description:
The data analytics specialist supports the Global Markets investment team by developing essential tools and analyses to enable the efficient underwriting, monitoring, and performance assessment of its investments. The person will work directly with the Global Markets investment team, which is responsible for emerging market, macro, and commodity investments across hedge fund managers and direct investments.
The main job functions are:
- Organize, manage, and analyze information and data from multiple sources, including hedge fund managers and direct investments.
- Work closely with other teams in BAAM to obtain data, conduct analysis, and develop tools.
- Maintain a constant dialogue with external managers to source relevant information
- Respond to client requests by working with the marketing teams
- Build and utilize quantitative tools to assist the team to assess and monitor investments and optimize asset allocation
The position is ideal for a professional who wants to analyze problems and design and implement innovative quantitative tools with a direct impact on the firm's investments. The person should have a keen interest in learning about various investment strategies. Requirements:
- 2-6 years of relevant work experience in finance or an analytical field; risk, quant or technology experience preferred
- Experience framing and solving problems
- Experience with sourcing, cleaning, managing and analyzing datasets
- Strong technical and programming skills; MATLAB, Python, or Tableau experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and seeing projects to completion with little supervision
- Passion for markets and investment strategies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. The candidate must be able to communicate with external managers independently.
- Team player and collaborative approach
- Attention to detail and presentation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.