Business Development Manager
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 16 oct. 18
Business Development Manager
The Role: As a Business Development Manager, you are responsible for driving revenue growth of the S&P Global Platts business across diverse segments in North America by developing existing business as well as new business. This role will be responsible for managing and renewing a book of business within in segment and will be paired with an Account Manager.
The Impact: This position will drive growth for S&P Global Platts by developing existing accounts and driving new business within those existing accounts
The Team / The Business: The team is composed of experienced sales professionals. Each Business Development Manager will share a book of business with an Account Manager. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value teamwork and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
Your Skills: You have exceptional communication skills and are able to articulate ideas and complex information in a clear and structured manner. You have in-depth knowledge of the commodities market industry and well-aware of what's happening. You have strong personal integrity and work well in a team selling environment. Additionally, you are very good negotiator have a sound understanding of the sales cycle.
- Lead the sale of S&P Global Platts products/services to diverse segments within (Country/Region).
- Manage and renew existing clients
- Identify and initiate new client relationships
- Develop and nurture deep and strong relationships with client organizations, addressing their needs, and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop an exceptional understanding of, and stay current on, the S&P Global Platts products and functionality and their application to specific clients/job functions
- Produce accurate sales forecasting and keep an up-to-date pipeline, contacts and meeting notes in SalesForce CRM system
- Stay current on competitor offerings to identify the strengths and vulnerabilities of S&P Global Platts offerings in comparison
- Contribute to the business strategy through a deep understanding of industry requirements, market trends and client requirements
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with clients and prospects
- Work with sales specialists, other functions and channel partners where required to proactively address customer requirements
- Develop and maintain territory and account plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis
- Bachelor degree in business, commerce or related subjects
- Relevant consultative sales experience
- Strong communication, organization, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong personal integrity and a confident, positive manner
- Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency
- Work effectively in a team-based environment as well as independently
- Desire and flexibility to learn and grow in an ever-changing environment
- A proven and successful professional business to business sales record
- Motivated by growing business beyond where people think it can go
- Some travel required