Cantor Fitzgerald: Fixed Assets, Analyst
Fixed Assets Analyst Company Description
Cantor Fitzgerald is a diversified company primarily specializing in financial and real estate services for institutional customers operating in the global financial and commercial real estate markets. Over the past 70 years, we have successfully built a well-capitalized business across multiple business lines, with numerous market-leading financial services products and a large and growing commercial real estate business. We have been at the forefront of financial and technological innovation in our industries, developing new markets and providing superior service to thousands of customers globally. The Role:
This position is responsible for the global fixed assets functions. Key Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the fixed assets roll forward and 10Q/10K footnotes disclosure
• Perform and maintain depreciation schedules for all fixed assets
• Track, compile and record project costs in fixed assets sub ledger
• Reconcile fixed assets sub ledger to general ledger
• Perform balance sheet and expense account variance analysis
• Review and document quarterly fixed assets impairment and retirement
• Responsible for updating procedure and controls for SOX
• Perform Balance Sheet Substantiation ("BSS") and Hyperion Account Reconciliation Manager ("ARM") reconciliations
• Liaise extensively with various internal groups across the firm, such as Legal Entity Controllers, Financial Reporting, Internal Audit team, Information Technology, Financial Planning Analysis as well as external auditors.
• Perform ad-hoc projects. Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance.
• 0-1 years of related experience in accounting or fixed assets.
• Strong communication and analytical skills
• Excellent Excel Skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple task
• Excellent interpersonal and time management skills to meet time-sensitive deadlines