Cloud DevOps Engineer
Cloud DevOps Engineer
The firm is building a state of the art multi-cloud compute and data platform. The Public Cloud platform is designed to enable application developers, quantitative analysts, and data scientists, to take advantage of cloud native capabilities, iterate quickly, and build elastic systems, while ensuring the security and resiliency of the platform.
The candidate will be a member of the Public Cloud Engineering and Enablement team, working closely with a broader set of Millennium application developers, quants, and data scientists. The candidate will provide their expertise in cloud systems and offerings, as well as the in house framework and tools we develop on top of them.
This is a hands on developer role and the candidate will have experience developing production ready code, in one or more languages, that preferably include Python. They should also be familiar with developing unit and functional tests, and have experience with continuous integration as it applies to infrastructure as code.
This individual will have experience with cloud based infrastructure, and the various offerings from cloud providers including AWS, Google, and Azure. The candidate will also have experience automating the build and management of cloud infrastructure on at least one cloud provider.
The candidate should have knowledge of Linux systems administration, containerization, networking, and security, including automated configuration and state management, and orchestration across systems. Experience with tools, such as Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible is desired. Experience with logging, metrics, monitoring, and alerting is also strongly desired.
The candidate should have experience with designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, TravicCI, CircleCI, Bamboo. Experience with AWS CodeBuild is a plus. Principal Responsibilities
- Architect, develop and maintain internal cloud platform, frameworks and offerings
- Working with application developers and owners to understand requirements
- Developing automated deployment and monitoring of cloud infrastructure and applications
- Designing CI/CD pipelines to include application and security testing, and gates
- Implementation of availability, security, and performance monitoring and alerting
- Automating data resiliency and replication based on policies
- Management and operation of environments
- Automating systems configuration and orchestration using tools, such as Chef, Ansible, or Salt
- Automated creation of machine images and Containers
- Experience designing and supporting production cloud environments
- Experience consulting with customers to develop public cloud solutions
- Experience developing collaboratively, including infrastructure as code, preferably in python
- Systems engineering knowledge, including understanding of Linux, security, and networking
- Knowledge of configuration and automation tools, such as Chef, Ansible, Salt, Vagrant, Packer
- Cloud templating tools such as CloudFormation, Cloud Deployment Manager Templates
- Experience with building, monitoring, and alerting on logs and metrics
- Cloud Networking including connectivity, routing, DNS, VPCs, proxies, and load balancers
- Cloud Security including IAM, Certificate Management, and Key management
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Self-starter able to execute independently, on a deadline, and under pressure