Commercial Banking – Channel Engineering Lead
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 17 févr. 19
Commercial Banking – Channel Engineering Lead
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
What We Do At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. We change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas and solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Our engineering teams build scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategist groups, is at the critical center of our business. Our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. The Consumer and Commercial Banking Division (CCBD) brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. We make direct investments in and manage risk for a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. We help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital. Commercial Banking, a business unit within CCBD, aims to provide comprehensive cash management solutions for corporations. Commercial Banking combines the strength and heritage of a 149-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide the best client experience. Through the use of modern technologies centered on data and analytics, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to improve cash flow management efficiency.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Team: Channel Engineering is a global team (New York/London/Bengaluru) responsible for building client facing platforms for the Corporate Cash Management offering. This includes a client portal, mobile applications, ERP integration and others. The team has a strong engineering and user experience culture. Our client facing platforms are of critical importance for the business as usability, client experience and easy integration are key differentiating factors in the market place.
The Role: The Channel Engineering lead will drive the development and the delivery of our Channel Engineering team. This is a leadership role with the expectation that you will understand our product roadmap, foster an engineering culture, hire and grow talent and deliver a high quality mobile platform for our clients. This initiative is critical to the success of the organization and our roadmap. We expect the successful candidate to deliver in lock step with the rest of the application development teams and to establish strong partnerships with peers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Manage and own the technology stack, SDLC and testing process for our client facing applications
- Define the technology roadmap to support the product roadmap
- Manage several teams of strong engineers
- Passion for client facing applications and user experience
- Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- Integrate usability and user experience as a first class citizen of the development process
- Collaborate with global cross functional team in building customer-centric products
- Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices and software runbooks
- Establish trusted partnerships with peers, product heads, and executive level stakeholders • Must be passionate about technology and engineering
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Ability to leverage technology to deliver business value
- Must be independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environment
• Minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• 10+ years of experience writing software in a professional environment using a modern programming language (preferably Java/Scala)
• 10+ years working on developing mobile client facing application including web sites, mobile applications, APIs, etc
• Comfort with Agile operating models
• Team oriented
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated
• Experience with microservice architecture
• Experience with AWS
• Experience in Financial Services or Fintech
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.