Commercial Banking Engineering - GS Bank - Scrum Master
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 20 nov. 18
Commercial Banking Engineering - GS Bank - Scrum Master
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
TECHNOLOGY Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. Goldman Sachs Careers | Job Search - Enterprise Architect We are seeking a solution architect to support the development of a new business line. The qualified candidate will work alongside industry leading technologists and innovative product managers in a highly agile environment. The role has a broad scope which will involve interacting with senior leaders on a regular basis. The position is hands-on and requires a driven and "take ownership" oriented individual who is intently focused on execution. You will work directly with developers, business leaders, vendors, government officials and partners in a cross functional manner to design regulatory compliant, scalable product offerings for the bank. OUR IMPACT Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. YOUR IMPACT You will be joining an Agile, global team, reporting to the Digital Chief Architect. In this high profile role you will: - Own a product and solution from architectural design through the actual build - Assist in solving a variety of technical problems including: general architecture patterns, vendor integrations, performance monitoring and data transformations - Provide insights and research into viable vendor products for the commodity services required
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitating Scrum events and other ad-hoc meetings for teams. Facilitating multi-team events like Big Room Planning, Scrum of Scrums, and story mapping.
- Assisting Product Owners and teams in story writing, backlog maintenance and prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of program-level feature and architectural backlogs.
- Servings as teams' or programs' information radiator, representing the team or program to senior management, stakeholders and sponsors.
- Effectively using metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision making at the team or program level.
- Facilitating estimation and planning at the team or program level. Assisting in creating useful, reliable and practical forecasts for delivery sprints and releases.
- Coaching developer, designer and product team members in Agile practices, values and principles.
- Coaching more junior Scrum Masters.
- Helping teams and individuals clarify goals, and actions to achieve them.
- Shielding the team from outside distractions, context switching and interferences.
- Tracking and removing impediments.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching to higher levels of maturity
- Building a safe environment with an emphasis on collaboration and problem solving
- Participating in Agile Communities of Practice across Goldman Sachs
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- 5 years experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Prior experience building and testing software or implementing DevOps
- 3 years experience with scaled Agile (SAFe, LESS) in a hands-on leadership role (e.g., Release Train Engineer, Agile Program Manager)
- Knowledge of other approaches in the Agile space: Kanban, Lean, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, etc.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communication anywhere from the team level to C-level executives.
PREFERRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Leadership role in a large-scale Agile transformation
- Experience in Scrum Master and scaled Agile or transformation roles in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum and Agile, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Active participant in the Agile community.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.