Consultant, Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Consultant, Software Engineer
Job Description Summary
The Consultant/Lead Engineer is a hands-on senior developer who brings considerable experience with application-layer development and user interface implementation for both web and mobile web applications, using Cloud technologies. As the tech lead in the Mastercard Alberta Development team, you will be responsible for designing, developing and running micro services in Prod. You will own implementation of the application and web services logic, as well as the user interface requirements across multiple products, services, and devices. Working within an Agile development methodology, you will collaborate with other engineers and tech leads and work closely with the architects to deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers. In addition, you'll have the opportunity to work with new frameworks and technologies, assist with prototyping and proof-of-concepts, participate in code reviews, and help ensure a high level of code quality from the team.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship, collaborative and organization skills
- Experience translating functional product requirements into application-layer code, and visual designs into functional user interfaces within traditional web applications
- Java, J2EE, Spring Framework (Spring MVC, Spring Security, Aspects, etc.), JPA, JSF, Junit, Web Services (SOAP & REST), JSON/XML, JBoss, Log4j, Eclipse STS, SQL, Oracle DB Server, Redis,
- Building micro services and deploying these to AWS, PCF
- Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
In addition to the above skills, the following experience is highly desirable:
- Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with logging frameworks
- Experience with implementing web service security
- E-commerce experience
- Android and/or iOS native app UI implementation
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.