Consultant, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Consultant, Software Engineering
The Fraud and Security Products team develops new capabilities for Mastercard's fraud prevention platform. We protect cardholders / card issuers and aim to eradicate credit card fraud. Our industry-leading platform processes billions of transactions per month with execution times literally 10X faster than you can blink. To enable us to uphold the high standard of these fraud and security applications we are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers to play a critical role in the upkeep and continual health of these products.
The Consultant Software Engineer will take the lead in ensuring these products continue to meet the high expectations from our customers by notably improving existing functionality, updating stale or outdated functions, proactively adding scalability while continuing to add enhanced value to these products.
• Lead a team of talented developers to develop and upkeep high performance, high volume Java fraud management applications
• Deliver solutions by providing direct development of software solutions
• Work closely with partner technical leads and architects to define features and user stories
• Assist with support issues by troubleshooting incidents and problem tickets
• Possess the aptitude to quickly learn and contribute to our complex platform
• Provide technical expertise to ensure effective delivery of software capabilities
• Contribute to the planning and development of software solutions
• Perform code reviews of co-worker's deliverables to ensure best practices
• Make strong concise improvements to existing software
• Provide strong technical guidance to junior team members - lead with a technical vision
All About You
• Considerate, polite, fun-loving, collaborative - a natural leader
• Advanced organizational and communication skills: both verbal and written.
• Advanced in Linux and Java development (JDK 1.7 or greater), design patterns, threading, unit testing, debugging
• Good understanding of agile software development processes, ideally a knowledge of SAFe
• Competent with many of the following: JBoss, Tomcat, shell scripting, JSON, multi-threading, Maven, Oracle PL/SQL
• Expertise with Eclipse or IntelliJ and ability to compile, deploy, and execute code artifacts
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.