Contract Strategy & Negotiator
Job Description: Contracting Strategy & Negotiations Director The Opportunity Join one of the Fastest Growing High Technology Companies in the US! Cognizant is seeking a highly talented Contracting and Negotiations expert to join its growing team within our Strategic Engagements Team (SET). This role will have responsibility and accountability for pre-sales contracting activities and negotiations on large, complex, multi-service engagements (Infrastructure, Applications and Business Process Outsourcing) across the globe. The Contracting Strategy & Negotiations (CSN) Director provides on-site analysis & advice to Cognizant's business units and project teams on contracting issues and risk mitigations. The CSN Director is responsible for, but not limited to (i) contract drafting, SOW drafting, and negotiations, (ii) initiating, tracking and monitoring contract changes, deliverables, and contract issues and risks, (iii) third party contracting activities, and (iv) assessing the market competitiveness of the client's contractual requirements including SLA related requirements. Key Responsibilities include:
- Drafts, reviews, and negotiates statements of work, change orders, amendments, and similar contractual documents.
- Assesses the market competitiveness and risks associated with the Client's contractual requirements
- Responds to inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions.
- Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to issue resolutions in negotiations.
- Reviews and manages contractual obligations of the parties and provides continual review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met.
- Prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc.
- Responsible for escalation of contractual or commercial issues to the leadership team, especially issues that are not solved satisfactorily by the project team in a timely manner.
- Acts as the primary contact between the project team and/or business unit and Cognizant Legal, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly.
- Acts as liaison between Cognizant and client/vendor procurement office.
- Responsible for informing the project team of the requirements of the contract and monitoring compliance.
- Recommend guidelines and policy on contract provisions and positions to senior leadership.
- Provide contract management support to one or more client accounts at the same time.
- Train others and share best practices to improve our team's knowledge, data & tools, and process.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 10+ years' experience in the commercial sector of the IT Services Industry (Infrastructure, Applications, and BPO).
- Minimum 5+ years' of IT Services contract negotiation skills.
- Minimum 3+ years' experience working on IT and/or BPO outsourcing projects/clients in a delivery/financial/contract management role.
- Experienced in pre- and post-award contract drafting and negotiations.
- Demonstrated track record of winning deals.
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Ability to travel up to 50% for client meetings, collaboration sessions and quarterly meetings.
- Strong leadership skills, decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at the C-suite and Executive levels.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Cognizant is committed to veteran and military communities. Cognizant is recognized as a military friendly employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our business resource group Veterans Network assists our military associates in building and growing a career at Cognizant and allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.