Credit Corporates Product Controller
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 18 janv. 18 2018-01-18
Credit Corporates Product Controller
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 2500 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization's financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, Tax and Valuation Review.
We are currently looking for a Manager for the North America Credit Corporates Controller Group covering all flow and structured credit businesses within the Fixed Income Division. This individual's responsibilities will include preparing and communicating management and regulatory reporting information to the business and senior Finance management. This includes financial information with respect to revenues, balance sheet, funding, expenses and capital. In addition, this individual will have responsibilities in the control oversight of the business' revenues, balance sheet and expenses and involvement in several specific regulatory and business related projects.
- Produce & review daily commentary on P&L movements, including analyzing p&l attribution and ensuring key drivers are
in line with expectations given risk the business is running.
- Responsible for aspects of the month-end p&l closeout process, including reconciliation review, resolving issues, and
escalating key items to management.
- Responsible for aspects of Balance Sheet substantiation for specific strategies and review material changes on a daily
basis with the balance sheet reporting team.
- Produce and review various Revenue, Balance Sheet, Expenses and Capital Analytical Reporting to the Business Heads
- Produce and review financial metrics relating to various regulatory reporting requirements including, but not limited to,Volcker, Y9-C and CCAR
- Assist in the testing and execution of Credit Corporates related Finance project initiatives
- Daily interaction with trading desk, IT, Market Risk, and other key finance groups
- Reporting and control functions of our legacy Non-Core mortgage businesses including business reporting within discontinued
- Identify issues and initiate discussions on process reengineering, improving efficiency, and working to improve IT
- Ad hoc projects will be assigned which will involve discussion with the legal, traders, market risk, IT, i.e. new systems
functionality testing etc. *LI-ND1
- 5-7 years experience related to job description.
- BA or BS in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills and teamwork a key *LI-ND1