Credit Research Analyst
Alcentra is a global asset management firm owned by BNY Mellon and has become one of the leading credit managers in the US and Europe over the past 20 years. With offices in London, New York & Boston and a local presence in Singapore, the firm employs more than 180 people of which approximately half are investment professionals. Our culture is one of commitment, collaboration and creativity - we endeavour to be the dynamic credit partner for our clients. Our team is characterized by integrity, high intellect and pursuit of excellence. Alcentra has a culture that values new thinking. The successful candidate will focus on the financial outcomes that matter to our clients. We bring expertise across every aspect of the credit spectrum: loans and bonds, public and private, performing and distressed, North America and Europe, corporate and structured. The firm manages approximately $43 billion of capital for global investors, including institutions, family offices and high net worth individuals.
Please visit our website at www.alcentra.com for more information. Position Summary:
This role offers the successful candidate the rare opportunity to join a collaborative and well-regarded, top performing investment firm, working with a dynamic group of people who are experts in their field. This is an opportunity to be part of the firm's continued growth and be an instrumental part of the firm's ongoing success.
The Credit Research Analyst will be located in New York and will report to the Head of US Credit Research. The analyst will be responsible for covering both high yield bonds and leveraged loans and specialize in 1-3 industries. This is a fundamental research position. Critical parts of the job include financial statement analysis, modelling, management meetings, relative value analysis, and discernment of underlying environmental, social and governance ("ESG") risks. The analyst is expected to develop and articulate investment recommendations for loan, bond and multi-strategy portfolios. Over time the analyst will become a subject matter expert on assigned industries. As such the analyst will be a valuable resource to other parts of the business as needed, including our direct lending, structured credit and special situations teams.
The successful candidate will be a problem solver. Dynamic, resourceful and responsive with the highest standards and professionalism. Alcentra has a culture that values new thinking. The successful candidate will focus on the financial outcomes that matter to our clients. Collaboration, Creativity and Commitment are 3 core values at Alcentra that the successful candidate will identify with.
Qualifications - External
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
- Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 3 to 6 years of investment experience preferred. Strong financial acumen and financial modeling skills '
- At least 3 years of experience in credit research, leveraged finance or banking
- Solid quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, attention to detail, and strong excel modeling abilities
- Strong independent critical thinking and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Advanced understanding of financial statements and accounting
- Proven interpersonal skills with ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and demonstrate initiative and a sense of personal accountability, but remain a team player and enjoy contributing in a cooperative and entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for investing and generating alpha to outperform index and competitor returns
- Problem solving skills - be dynamic, resourceful and responsive with the highest standards and professionalism
- Unimpeachable integrity and an uncompromised reputation
- CFA, CPA, or MBA preferred