- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Credit Suisse -
- 21 juin 18
Credit Risk Management - Hedge Funds, Vice President # 111309
A VP role as a credit risk officer covering the bank's hedge fund clients and other alternative investment vehicles / structures (e.g. PE funds, REITs, loans collateralized by HF or PE fund shares, etc).
- Conducting credit due diligence, which includes assessing risk controls, management qualifications, portfolio leverage, liquidity, performance analysis, portfolio exposures, etc.
- Performing initial and ongoing written credit analyses, which involves assigning/monitoring internal credit ratings and limits, documenting key exposures and non-standard arrangements, and providing supporting recommendations.
- Analyzing/approving live transactions (including involvement on more complex/structured deals), ensuring risks are properly identified and adequately mitigated.
- Negotiating credit terms and covenants across a variety of trading/financing agreements.
- Ongoing exposure monitoring (using VaR and other scenario-based risk measures) against established credit limits/appetite and participation in a variety of meetings with front office and other support areas to review key exposures and credit concerns.
- Monitoring market, regulatory, macro-economic and political developments and assessing their impact on the credit quality of counterparties.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Relevant undergraduate or graduate level degree (preferably Finance, Economics, Business, Accounting).
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience required, preferably in a Hedge Fund credit risk management role.
- Must have solid working knowledge of hedge fund strategies and products traded across equity, fixed income, currency and commodity markets, including prime brokerage, OTC and listed derivatives, repo, TBA's, etc.
- Experienced covering an active, diverse portfolio of hedge fund clients (and other leveraged/alternative investment structures), leading client due diligence calls, and providing effective review and challenge on both flow activity and structured deals proposed by front office and clients.
- Familiarity with all major legal agreements (and key negotiated terms) governing trading activity (e.g. ISDA, MRA, GMRA, MSFTA, prime brokerage, futures/OTC cleared, etc).
Other required skills/characteristics:
- Self-motivated and naturally inquisitive
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills - both oral and written
- Excellent time management skills and able to multi-task
- Team player
- Ability to use multiple applications and technology platforms