Cyber/IT Data Associate - Federal Reserve Bank of New York
What we do:
- Support, influence and sustain a Risk Analysis Competency that will enable the Federal Reserve’s supervisory community to adequately identify, evaluate, monitor and measure systemic, current and emerging cybersecurity risks, trends and countermeasures impacting the financial services sector; and
- In collaboration with other the Board and FRB districts, a dvance supervisory cybersecurity risk identification, evaluation and measurement practices;
- With an understanding of critical financial market structures, processes and activities, help to assess the interconnected nature of critical markets to identify and evaluate financial sector systemic cybersecurity risks and resilience issues stemming from interdependencies, common points of failure, concentrations;
- Respond quickly to financial institution cyber vulnerabilities in providing analytics on impact, propagation and interconnectedness;
- Advise supervisory staff on technically advanced Cybersecurity policy interpretation and Supervisory matters;
- Build partnerships with critical stakeholders within large financial institution, financial industry special interest groups, representative small, medium and niche financial institutions or consortiums (e.g., FFIEC, SIFMA), domestic regulatory / intelligence community and potentially international regulators (e.g., the BIS) to establish a consistent cyber risk assessment framework;
Individuals in this job family have expertise in information security, a working knowledge of financial markets and should havean intent to develop proficiency in cybersecurity matters as it relates to financial institutions. Your role as Senior Cybersecurity Policy Associate:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Implement the methodology for identifying cyber security and resiliency risks within a firm or for a portfolio of firms. This includes evaluating the effectiveness of governance and controls for managing those risks, and recommending supervisory actions as appropriate.
- Develop and contribute to cross-firm analyses that provide insights into systemic, current and emerging cybersecurity risks and trends affecting supervised institutions and the financial services sector as a whole.
- Awareness of critical financial market structures, activities and processes to help advance cyber risk identification and policy initiatives.
- Contribute in providing subject matter expertise on cyber risk management practices, maintain and share knowledge of current and emerging cyber threats , vulnerabilities and countermeasures .
- Recommend, design and construct cybersecurity risk metrics and data analytics to influence the direction of standards, policy initiatives, and risk assessment methodologies .
- Effectively communicate though written products and oral communications to supervisory leaders the conclusions and recommendations from risk analysis work.
Cover Letter preferred - highlighting how your background aligns to the role requirements.
- At a minimum, bachelor’s degree in IT, cyber or business related field.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) required. Preferred certifications include Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Project Management Professional (PMP), ITIL Service Manager Certification.
- 6-8 years of relevant data analysis, cyber security, information security and/or IT risk management experience.
- Strong knowledge of current cyber security threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures .
- Strong knowledge of and experience in addressing the security concerns facing large enterprises.
- Working knowledge of critical financial markets and activities.
- Ability to develop, implement and execute cybersecurity risk assessments.
- Experience and ability to harness and analyze large sets of heterogeneous data using data analysis and visualization tools and techniques.
- Ability to understand and synthesize technical issues to technical and business representatives and translate these to business implications.
- Ability to think outside of the box and to learn new approaches to modeling problems with a focus on the practical application of the results.
- Exceptional analytical and decision -making skills.
- Team player with excellent consultative, communication, writing and project management skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain US Security Clearance.
Please note that the position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.