DCIO Institutional Sales Associate
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Nuveen Investments
- 22 nov. 17 2017-11-22
DCIO Institutional Sales Associate
Nuveen is a global asset manager dedicated to helping institutional and individual investors achieve their investment goals. Today, the firm manages more than $900 billion in assets with a long-term perspective and deep expertise across a wide range of traditional and alternative asset classes including equities, fixed income, directly owned real estate and alternatives.
In 2014, TIAA acquired Nuveen Investments creating one of the world's largest and most diversified global asset managers. Nuveen's multi-affiliate model delivers excellence across asset classes through focused teams of investment experts. Under the nuveen umbrella, investment boutiques include Nuveen Asset Management, Symphony, NWQ, Santa Barbara, Winslow Capital, Gresham and TIAA Investments.
Nuveen's breadth of investment offerings across active and indexed products, including its award winning target date fund series, coupled with its legacy roots as a retirement provider, strongly positions the firm to become an industry-leading DCIO provider.
We currently have an opening for an Assistant Vice President/Vice President, Defined Contribution Sales Associate based in New York.
The Defined Contribution Institutional Sales Associate is a newly created position resulting from the firm's strategic expansion of its DCIO business and retirement solutions.
Partnering closely with the sales and consultant relations teams, the Sales Associate will assist in driving sales processes and operations, providing client service support for specific strategic relationships, providing analytical support for new business development and marketing/sales initiatives, augmenting distribution efforts and enhancing the firm's overall sales efforts. The Sales Associate position will offer the developing financial professional a broad array of experiences and training within DCIO institutional business development and the operations of Nuveen.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- This role also includes project management and reporting responsibilities in support of the DCIO sales efforts, campaigns, marketing support, conference sponsorship, and other initiatives.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of client business plans, quarterly client reviews, internal support documentation, presentations, and sales reporting and analysis
- Work closely with senior team members to execute new business development efforts by developing prospecting plans, assisting in prioritizing and scheduling prospecting meetings, coordinating prospect pitches and product presentations, and identifying new business opportunities
- Continuously build an industry knowledge base by researching new business opportunities and staying current on DC trends leveraging industry publications, conference materials, consultant databases, etc.
- Serve as a day-to-day contact for client needs and ensure delivery against reporting needs of the client by working with internal business partners
- Coordinate responses to client, prospect and consultant inquiries which may include oversight of requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for information (RFIs), consultant data requests, etc.
- Coordinate the on-boarding of new business, working with internal groups to review client investment management agreements and investment guidelines to thoroughly understand requirements
- Assist with the ongoing coordination of all client account maintenance items (account updates, guideline changes, client organizational changes, etc.)
- Identify and escalate any sensitive client issues to senior team members; coordinate a timely response to the client
- Coordinate with key stakeholders across Nuveen and TIAA including Marketing, Portfolio Managers, Operations, Compliance, Legal, Technology and Product Managers to ensure clients' needs are met
- Create tailored materials for use with clients, prospects, or consultants as necessary
- Support development of and track performance against execution of business plans for clients, prospects and consultants assigned
- 5 years of financial services experience in institutional sales, experience in Defined Contribution a plus
- Team player, strong work ethic and self-motivated, consistently taking initiative
- Strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to assist with articulating Nuveen's capabilities to sophisticated investors and consultants
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite of products
- Has strong judgment coupled with an ability to work under pressure
- Consistently acts in the best interests of clients, understanding client needs and delivering service that meet or exceed client expectations
- Outstanding collaboration skills with proven ability to work across a complex organizational culture
- Able to effectively manage assignments and projects from inception to completion, ensuring keen attention to detail is maintained
- Adaptable to change and remains calm and persistent when faced with obstacles
- Passion for financial markets, investment solutions and the defined contribution market
- Series 7, 63, 3 and state insurance licenses obtained within 3 months of joining
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.