At UBS Asset Management, we are seeking a Data Analyst with strong analytical skills and operations experience at leading financial institutions to assist in the expansion of our Knowledge Services Team. The candidate will work closely with the Head of Knowledge Service Team to run the necessary operational and data governance services required for the integrity of the data. He / She will be working for the successful integration of new data sources and expansion of the data platform to enable business capabilities such as Analytics across the Division.
The individual will also work alongside other data owners and data stewards to achieve data accuracy and process requirements goals set by the Chief Data Office. The role will require an excellent combination of operational excellence, technical knowledge and communication skills. The centralized data platform and Knowledge Services Team are newly formed and represents a growing solution for Asset Management making this role an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to play a leadership role within Chief Data Office.
Chief Data Office (CDO), within UBS Global Asset Management (AM), was established to re-define AM's data strategy and support the management of core data sets used across AM, such as Product data, Securities & Pricing data, Trade & Accounting data, and Client data. The CDO provides the foundation for establishing a data driven culture, by guiding the successful delivery of front-to-back solutions and enabling the distribution of managed data assets across AM. To design multi-faceted transformational strategies and deliver cutting edge solutions, the CDO is structured to encompass several functions, including Program Management, Data Architecture, Data Services, and Data Governance.
Your experience and skills
• Implement daily data management functions to meet near term objectives around instrument and pricing data. Monitor daily processes in line with SLA expectations and appropriate escalation.
• Implement the oversight model and data quality rules for operational services through KPCs and KPIs. Produce regular reports of these metrics for management review.
• Responsible for identifying and escalating risks within the scope of the function.
• Analyze and address inquiries from data consumers.
• Get trained on the software used to configure data exceptions in data onboarding and data quality tools, to configure additional rules
• Implement the defined roadmap for long term goals to enable value added Knowledge Services for analytics, risk, product control, performance etc.
• Work closely with other CDO members, functional leads and IT leads for change management and constant improvement of current processes to increase efficiency and STP.
• Bachelor's degree in Science or related field
• 5+ years of experience of working in data operations and data platforms. Experience in instrument and pricing services is highly desirable.
• Must have sound knowledge of Asset Management data and business processes.
• Good knowledge of various financial instruments and use of Bloomberg terminology.
• Experience with operational metrics creation and reporting is a plus.
• Experience with Neoxam Data Hub (SmartCo) is highly desirable
• Experience with reporting and business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) is preferred.
• Familiarity with data management solutions is preferred.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to engage with front to back functions
• Maturity to work in a critical BAU function along with change programs
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.