SQL Server Data Architect
Oakridge Staffing has been engaged by a industry leading Financial Services firm to identify a senior level Data Architect. The focus of this role will be within a Business Intelligence and Analytics deliverable team. They are primarily responsible for the company’s financial data warehouse architecture design and expansion as accounting and finance reporting needs are growing. The Data Architect understands the business needs, explores the existing data structure, and creates a blueprint for building an integrated framework of easily accessible, secure data aligned with the business strategy. The data architect needs to coordinate and collaborate with users, system designers, and developers in their day-to-day functions. As such, soft skills like effective communication, team management, problem-solving, and leadership are expected in this role.
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, data models, ER diagrams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses.
- Providing BI technical and architectural guidance to project delivery teams, ensuring that new initiatives enable effective data reporting and analytics.
- Managing end-to-end data architecture across existing and expanding reporting and analytic platforms, designing technical architecture improvements, and implementing enhancements.
- Scoping design implementations and proposing improvement solutions for project initiatives.
- Microsoft technologies: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Azure Dev Ops.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in data modeling and design, including SQL development and database administration. Fundamental understanding of data structures and reporting analytics.
- Capability of articulating what is being solved for within design solutions and/or the ROI on technical debt improvements.
- Knowledge of systems development, including system development life cycle, project management approaches and requirements, design and testing techniques.
- Proficiency in data modeling and design, including SQL development, database administration, code repos, and automated deployment pipelines.