Data Operations Director - Pricing Operations Group
Description About this role
Data Platform & Solutions (DP&S) ensures that all portfolio information (Core Enterprise Data) vital for the investment management process is complete, accurate, timely and effectively controlled using the latest technology and tools. DP&S provides information services and solutions in support of all BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions businesses.
The Pricing Operations Group is responsible for the collection and validation of market prices for all assets and liabilities held in handled portfolios, as well as for the distribution of those prices to accounting agents and custodians, where appropriate. Responsibilities also include oversight of third-party accounting agents and custodian security pricing methodologies for proprietary commingled products, as well as daily verification of OTC derivative valuations. In addition, the team collects a wide range of market data including FX rates, interest rates, inflation levels, mortgage data and volatility data.
This role will assist in delivering on the vision for DP & S. You will be required to advocate the use of technology to craft innovative solutions to help achieve an outstanding data quality process. In addition, be required to have expert knowledge of valuation governance for 1940 Act mutual funds and ETFs, and lead BlackRock in the implementation of the new 2a-5 Valuation Rule. Responsibilities:
- People Management and Leadership - Build and mentor staff, set goals and objectives, and assess performance; Build partnerships within the function and with partners and be the ultimate accountable owner of valuation in the Americas region. Provide leadership to the Global Pricing Operations team and the broader DP&S team locally.
- Re-Imagining Asset Valuation - Work in partnership with Data Engineering and AI Labs teams to develop outstanding processes and controls for Pricing and Economy Data.
- Governance and Oversight - Chair, provide thought leadership, and drive resolution at cross-disciplinary Valuation Committee meetings and prepare and deliver updates to Fund Boards and Companies.
- Daily Production - Ensure issues or process failures internally on Aladdin or at External Fund Administrators are investigated and raised in a timely manner to ensure results meet their deadlines.
- Industry Leader - Liaise with market data vendors, industry peers and service providers to develop standard methodology in pricing and valuation
- 10 + years of professional experience including Data Operations in a similar role
- Expert knowledge of valuation for 1940 Act products such as mutual funds and ETFs is required.
- Experience with OCC-regulated products such as collective trust funds is preferred.
- Aladdin experience is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Bloomberg, Refinitiv, ICE Data Services, and MS Office Suite, etc. is essential
- Experience dealing with US regulators (e.g., SEC, OCC) and leading audit responses for investment companies is a must
- Candidates should have a "Student of the Markets" mentality: Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business.
- Willing to travel periodically
- Practical knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments.
- Proven track record of managing teams across multiple offices
- Understanding of Python, Jupyter Notes, SQL, Unix commands is preferred.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.