We are looking for a Database Developer that will design, develop and maintain database architecture and code initiatives supporting internal and third-party software solutions, delivering excellent products in scope and on time, and meeting current and long-term business needs for the business area. Participate in a team of motivated, driven, high-energy developers, building trust and confidence with team members and business stakeholders.
• Work closely with project teams, bringing together development and database leads
• Analyze business application requirements, identify concerns and develop action plans
• Be part of an Agile team, using company's latest software development life-cycle working closely with team members from Romania and US
• Maintain the existing legacy applications
• Conduct SQL Code Reviews
• Train and mentor junior level DB developers
• Track down and resolve bugs ABOUT YOU
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, related technical field, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3 years database developer experience (SQL Server or equivalent)
• Understanding of modern Cloud architectures
• Ability to create and maintain database objects
• Ability to write SQL queries and statements to explore source data and data issues
• Experience identifying and resolving performance related issues
• Experience working with code under source control (git, TFS)
• Creating automation of manual tasks
• Must speak and write in English fluently
Nice to have:
• Experience being part of a continuous integration and deployment process
• Experience with PostgreSQL
• Experience with NoSQL databasesInclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.