The Corporate Technology Team is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg's internal IT systems! This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software and the enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world! We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward The Role:
As an Engineer in the Desktop Engineering team you will be expected to use your knowledge of software and hardware technology to help Bloomberg engineer the next generation of application and infrastructure services for a growing mobile workforce. You will work within an Agile framework to build, maintain, and continuously enhance the tools needed to manage our Cloud, On-Prem and Hybrid desktop services infrastructure. The main focus of this role will be responsible for developing and implementing next generation of end user devices. You will be required to work with the business and operations teams to deliver both in-house developed as well as 3rd party application services and productivity tools for our Bloomberg employees. You'll need to have:
We would love to see:
- Proficiency in chipset and graphic architecture across desktop and laptops.
- Proficiency with securing and deploying Windows Operating Systems
- Proficiency with developing standards on End User devices. (Desktop/Laptops)
- Proficiency with Powershell, Python and/or other Scripting Languages
- Proficiency in using CI and CD tools to Automate testing and deployments
- Strong interpersonal skills including networking, collaboration, communication, time management, being able to adapt to different audiences, environments and cultures
Does this sound like you?
- Experience benchmarking and analytic tools like Systrack
- Experience with System Center Configuration, Active Directory, GPO, SCOM, Intune, Azure
- Experience with Firewall management and troubleshooting
- Experience with log aggregation and telemetry tools like Splunk, Humio, Grafana
- Experience working Apple OS and Hardware.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.