Desktop Platform Integration Engineer
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 18 nov. 18
Desktop Platform Integration Engineer
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
MS Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology works with large scale databases such as DB2 and SQL Server, proprietary and non-proprietary messaging software, a broad variety of vendor products, numerous financial exchanges and regulatory entities, and programming languages ranging from .Net and Java to Cobol and VB.Net.
Desktop Platform Integration & Engineering is responsible for Windows Desktop Engineering within the Wealth Management End User Platform Services Organization. The position is primarily focused on Windows Desktop Engineering, Utility Scripting in PowerShell, and Desktop Application Packaging and supporting processes. The position is highly technical and hands-on with a focus on Windows desktop. The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical foundation as well as a strategic mindset, good communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with others.
- Create automation scripts (using PowerShell, VBScript, etc.)
- Windows Desktop General Engineering
- Microsoft Desktop Product Packaging
- Change and Release Management for Windows Desktop OS and Applications
- Platform / Solution Ownership and Management
- Coordination of Application Reviews and Turnover process
- Document Dependencies and Construct Application Profiles based on Business Requirements
- Evaluate Desktop Products and Tools and provide solutions to support initiatives
- Implement Package Testing based on defined process
- Manage Operations for Integration Engineering Services lab environment
- Creation of Desktop Performance Baselines for Windows Desktop Platform
- Creation of test case scenarios based on environmental considerations (WM supported hardware models, WM application archetypes)
- Creation of automation scripts in support of performance efforts
- Evaluation of benchmarking and performance engineering tools
- Creation and maintenance of all WM Desktop Build Documentation
- 5 - 7 years experience with scripting (PowerShell is a priority additionally Perl, Batch, Altiris, WMI, VBScript, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Operating System Internals and Microsoft based applications and technologies
- Microsoft Desktop Product Packaging (i.e. SCCM,, MSI, Wise, etc.)
- Deep technical understanding of Windows infrastructure services (e.g. AD, GPO, CIFS, DFS) within the enterprise
- Deep technical understanding of Microsoft IE Web Browser Technologies
- Experience managing system and user configuration across large, distributed environments
- Software Integration, Packaging, Distribution and Patch Management using MSI, SCCM
- Strong troubleshooting mindset (i.e. parsing event log, sysinternals tools, analyzing memory dumps)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (i.e. VMware, XenServer, Citrix) is a plus
- Experience in Performance Engineering in large Enterprise Windows Environments
- Experience in Windows Performance Benchmarking and Monitoring Utilities
- Experience in monitoring tools for Network and Workstations, including but not limited to Netuitive, SevOne, Perfmon, SysTrack, Splunk
- Ability to write technical and operational management documentation (system design and engineering documents, operational run books)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills