Digital Design Lead
- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 18 juil. 18 2018-07-18
Digital Design Lead
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
A core element of the transformation for New York Life's business will be the design and development of end-to-end digital solutions to drive revenue growth, achieve efficiencies, increase client satisfaction, and maintain relevancy as the pace of digitization accelerates. The Digital Service team sits at the heart of that endeavor and will work across the business and with key functional partners including Service, Technology, Marketing and Agency to create and deliver smart, client-centric, and best-in-class digital solutions to market. There are four main channels in the Digital Service team: Client facing digital experiences (nyl.com private site), Telephony experiences (IVR etc), Desktop experiences (tools and applications for our Service Professionals to serve our customers including SalesForce CRM), and Field Solutions (digital solutions to support our agents/advisors in the field). Supporting the channels, is a Digital Support Team, responsible for many of the core digital functions: Design, User Research, Content, Testing, Production Support, Digital Health and Drive to Digital. The Design Lead role reports into the Digital Support Team.
The Design Lead will be responsible for building and owning a design strategy, ensuring consistency across all servicing platforms and experiences. He/she will manage and lead all internal and third-party design resources in execution, ensuring alignment within overall vision. This individual will partner closely with servicing channel leads to drive a seamless experience across marketing and existing client platforms.
This role is critical in the building of a digital organization and digital disciplines at New York Life. As the digital experience and process for moving it forward evolves, it is crucial to begin the journey with a common design strategy and voice. This person must be able to multitask and stay in touch with a variety of moving projects. Strong relationship skills are required to build trust and partnership across the organization.
- Lead digital experience design group within Digital Service team
- Manage and unify design projects across external client, field agent and service professional experiences
- Passionately understand user experience needs in order to translate into design
- Deeply familiarize with user research to isolate areas for improvement
- Review concepts, wireframes and visual designs and ensure strategy alignment
- Partner with the business, product managers, technology, user research, developers and third-party agencies
- Serve as Design lead for the Digital Service Organization
- Manage team of external and internal designers
- Minimum 7-10 years of digital design or equivalent qualification
- Comfortable with user research, Design Thinking, digital experience design and Agile software development
- Experience working with Agile delivery
- Familiarity with standard design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Flexibility to work on multiple complex projects and changing priorities
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated customer-centricity with a strong bias toward action
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level
- Proven success influencing and working effectively across broad and complex organizations
- Insurance industry experience preferred but not required
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.