Digital Product Designer (UX/UI)
Digital Product Designer (UX/UI) Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
New York The Team:
The User Experience Design Team is a small but influential group of UX designers creating digital products for customers around the globe. We provide product design, prototyping, research and facilitation services for S&P Global Platts desktop and mobile products. The UX team solves abstract problems and makes massive amounts of data and content easy to use by our customers. We work closely with our product and technical partners throughout the entire lifecycle, from analysis and concept to launch. We strive to create an environment where thoughtful design is a major contributor to the success of S&P Global. The Impact:
The world of commodity markets is fast-paced and intense. Our users need tools designed to let them succeed -find things quickly and easily; perform their work fluidly, in a way that matches how they think and speak about work; collaborate with others seamlessly. There are enormous opportunities for this role to greatly impact the working life, and business success, of thousands of industry professionals and hundreds of firms, through thoughtful UX research and design. What's in it for you:
The user experience designer works with the product team to produce winning designs for native apps and responsive websites. The user experience designer can internalize and extend a digital product's visual language and interactive model. The designer will consider not only how a feature looks, but how it will support our customers' goals. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Creates visual designs to meet brand and business requirements
- Supports the user experience director or lead in documentation and design of functional user experience through sketches and/or wireframes and building prototypes
- Works with client and technical team to collect and disposition requirements throughout the life of the project
- Design communication and documentation through annotated wireframe creation
- Interactive prototyping
- Usability testing
- Promotes accessibility by incorporating WCAG guidelines into designs
- Appreciates and offers critical feedback. Seeks it out in reviews with customers, peers, stakeholders and research
- Contributes knowledge to our company intranet
- Works well with fellow team members
- Demonstrates dedication to helping S&P Global meet commitments to our customers and stakeholders
- Increases learning in the technology platforms pertaining to current projects/clients
- Additional duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned
- At least 5 years of UX design experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Project Management skills - not necessary to be a certified project manager, but someone with a sense of urgency when required, and a head for scheduling and planning.
- Experience conducting usability tests and heuristic studies
- Comfort with one or more UI prototyping tools and flexibility to adopt a new one
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in HCI, Design or a related field
- Financial Technology (FinTech) knowledge or experience
- Skilled using Figma, Sketch and Invision
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,900 to $116,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
268340 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States