Director, Application Development
- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 22 sept. 18 2018-09-22
Director, Application Development
The Role: Director, Application Development
The Location: 55 Water Street New York, NY
S&P Dow Jones Indices is seeking an Director, Application Development to be a key player in the implementation and support of Web Platforms Platform for S&P Dow Jones Indices. This role requires a seasoned technologist, who contributes to application development and maintenance. The candidate should actively evaluate new products and technologies to build solutions that can streamline business operations. The candidate must be delivery-focused with solid financial applications experience skills.
The candidate will report to the Vice President of Application Architecture & Development and assist in day-to-day support and operations functions, design, development and unit testing.
- Design and develop industry-leading java applications for the S&P Dow Jones Index business.
- Work on new initiatives and manage on-going application support for various web S&P Dow Jones platforms.
- Design & Develop complex web user interface modules.
- Produce system design documents and participate in technical walkthroughs.
- Perform Application & System Performance tuning and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Effectively interact with global customers, business users and IT staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
- 10 years plus of IT experience in application support or development preferred
- Strong Experience in Oracle Database environment - SQL, PL/SQL programming.
- Strong Experience with Core Java, J2EE & JMS is required.
- Strong Experience with SPARK and no-sql related database technologies.
- Experience in building multi-threaded and high performance low latency messaging systems.
- Experience in deploying Java applications in Weblogic servers.
- Experience with Hibernate or other OR-mapping technologies.
- Experience with User Interface design & development using various open source frameworks.
- Experience with Operating Systems - Red Hat Linux and Windows XP.
- Experience using system tools, source control systems, utilities and third-party products.
- Knowledge of Networking Protocols (TCP/IP, Unicast, Multicast, Sockets) and IP addressing.
- Experience with Financial applications such as Index/Benchmarks or Asset Management or Portfolio Investment modeling or trading systems.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
To all recruitment agencies : S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.