Director, Executive Compensation
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit ..
- 11 oct. 17 2017-10-11
The Human Resources function is comprised of a best in class team of HR professionals including Generalists, Recruiters and Compensation, Benefits and Payroll specialists. The team is committed to the importance of the employee experience shown by our continued investment and focus on development of initiatives for our people, driving the company forward during these challenging markets. Position summary This is an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced compensation professional to join the New York based team on a full-time basis reporting to the Global Head of Compensation and Benefits who is also based in New York.
Duties & Accountabilities
This role will require the incumbent to perform the following duties:
- Proxy/ external reporting, including the preparation and/or management of key elements of the annual proxy statement including compensation tables and Compensation Discussion and Analysis reporting. Compile and present executive compensation data as required to external agencies for mandatory reporting purposes, working with legal counsel to ensure regulatory compliance. (8K, 10K, S-1 etc. as required)
- Serve as an knowledgeable source on regulations and regulatory changes/updates affecting executive compensation, including Sec. 16, Sec. 162(m), Sec. 409A, Rule 10b5-1, Rule 144, FAS123(r), and 10K/8K reporting as it relates to executive compensation.
- Monitor executive compensation positions of corporate governance advisory firms (e.g., ISS and Glass Lewis) and voting policies of key institutional shareholders and provide analysis on such to executive leadership and Board of Directors.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place for all incentive compensation and equity programs; analyze cost implications of current and proposed plans; monitor actual expenses to Plan; build partnerships with Finance to ensure accuracy and timeliness of accruals.
- Prepare meeting materials and reports for the Human Resources Committee of the Board of Directors and provide support to the external consultant of the Committee.
- Oversee the administration of the company’s global equity compensation plans, including management of a three-person stock administration team.
- Manage vendor relationship with the company’s stock plan provider. Liaise with key vendors/consultants who provide expertise on long term and short term incentive plans.
- Analyze and administer executive compensation programs including the annual bonus plan and long term incentive program. Provide consultation on executive compensation matters to senior executives and human resources business partners.
- Provide consultative expertise in compensation program design and administration to line managers and human resources business partners, including but not limited to short-term and long-term incentive compensation plans.
- Partner with the Head of Compensation & Benefits to ensure appropriate positioning of base pay, total cash and total direct compensation. Analyze programs and recommend enhancements to ensure competitive market positioning in line with marketplace trends and internal budgetary considerations.
- Provide analytic support for HR due diligence in corporate acquisitions.
- Partner with compensation team members to identify and participate in appropriate market surveys, ensuring that timely and relevant pay benchmarking data is available in most locations.
- Build solid relationships with external consultants to ensure that the company complies with all relevant legislation affecting reward programs.
- Ensure all program communications reinforce alignment to organizational goals and pay for performance culture; assess and enhance communication materials and delivery vehicles.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree mandatory
- 10+ years experience in a similar role
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- MBA not required, but a plus
- Strong understanding of HR processes and ability to achieve impact and influence through quality information, consultative influencing and awareness across a globally diverse organization
- Experience in a public company is essential
- Advanced knowledge of global executive compensation and regulatory issues
- Strong change and project management skills required
- Experience successfully managing a team
- Strong ability to multi-task and provide support to multiple locations and stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills and able to develop and produce meaningful reports from multiple streams of data
- Dedicated and hard-working individual that is willing to go the extra mile, “reaching” vs. being specifically directed to do
- Essential time-management skills in order to meet stringent deadlines
- Extreme attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Must be a team player
- Enjoys problem solving and streamlining processes
- High level administration skills
- Resourceful and pro-active
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong team player but can also work independently
- Enjoys high volume, fast paced, dynamic environment
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
External Job Description Footer Required. <p> </p> <p><span style="font-size: 12px;"><strong><em>Eligible colleagues must meet the requirements of the job as indicated in the posted job description.</em></strong> </span></p> <p> </p> <p><span style="font-size: 12px;"><em><strong>Colleagues must have at least six months of continuous service in their current position with IHS to apply for a posted job, unless approval is granted by the colleagues’ supervisor and Human Resources.</strong></em> This period allows colleagues to become competent in their current role and demonstrate satisfactory performance.</span></p> <p> </p> <p><span style="font-size: 12px;"><strong><em>Colleagues must be in good standing in their current role.</em></strong> Colleagues who have received Disciplinary Action or who have been on a Performance Improvement Plan within the past 6 months may not participate in the Job Posting Program, unless approval is granted by the colleague’s supervisor and Human Resources.</span></p> <p> </p> <p><span style="font-size: 12px;">Provided that the colleague meets the eligibility requirements mentioned above, as well as the minimum requirements for the position of interest, <strong><em>the colleague should notify his /her supervisor of the intent to apply for an internal position, prior to posting.</em></strong> Any concerns with supervisory notification should be brought to the attention of Human Resources.</span></p> <p> </p> <p><span style="font-size: 12px;">We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. Please refer to the <em><strong>EEO is the Law Poster & Supplement, Right to Work and Pay Transparency Policy.</strong></em> <em><strong>IHS Markit is a participant in E-Verify (see links below)</strong></em>. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.</span></p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p><a href="http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf" target="_blank"><span>EEO is the Law</span></a></p> <p><a href="http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf" target="_blank"><span>EEO is the Law Supplement</span></a></p> <p><a href="http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-Verify_Native_Documents/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf" target="_blank"><span>Right to Work</span></a></p> <p><a href="https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf" target="_blank"><span>Pay Transparency Policy</span></a></p> <p><a href="https://e-verify.uscis.gov/emp/media/resourcesContents/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf" target="_blank"><span>E-Verify</span></a></p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p style="text-align: center;"> </p>