The Director of FP&A works closely with senior management to increase a company's efficiency and profitability by assisting with the formulation of both the short and long-term financial plan. The candidate will be experienced in the subject of process performance optimization, master data maintenance and data integrity and recommend the strategic direction for finance process and data management including design, operation and innovation. The candidate will have experience of more than one business sector and management of scalability in a fast growing and changing organization. The candidate will report directly to the CFO, Finance, helping to lead the service that ensures high standards of reporting, process performance, accuracy and integrity. The candidate will be a forward looking, innovative and commercial thinking finance professional and able to deputize for the VP, Finance when requested. The candidate must have the ability to engage with operational colleagues and have very good communication skills.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with leadership to formulate the short/long term financial and strategic plan
- Work with Business Unit heads to build their annual budgets and forecasts
- Producing models to project long term growth and determine the impacting business factors
- Delivery of competitor analysis, market trends and associated commentary to Leadership
- Analyzing financial and operational results to better understand company performance
- Utilizing BI tools to delivery meaningful insights into business performance
- Communicate to senior management the reasons behind the product/department performance
- Tasked with supplying departments with revenue and expense targets and monitor progress
- Provide detailed analysis and commentary on cost center results
- Review operations and recommend new productivity or cost saving initiatives
- Prepare business cases to support new investment, strategic and other business decisions
- Review existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvement
- Evaluating previous budgets, expenditures to develop and implement future budgets
- Communicating results and recommendations to senior management for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining operations
- Provide insights to senior management around financial modelling, forecasts and profitability
Skills & Attributes :
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Netsuite, Quickbooks, SAP/Workday, Excel
- Significant analytical skillset/Attention to detail
- Ability to solve complex problems/multi-task and manage time effectively
- Self-motivated and able to adhere to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships
- High level of commercial acumen and change manager
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Public Auditing experience preferred
- Public Company Corporate experience preferred
- Private Company fast paced tech start up experience a nice-to-have
- Minimum of 8-10 years' professional relevant experience
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.