Director, Retirement Marketing - Head of Content
Description About this role Description
With two-thirds of the assets we manage related to retirement, BlackRock understands that our firm has a special responsibility to assist people all over the world to live out their later years with dignity and security.
We pride ourselves on building, communicating, and delivering retirement solutions to clients worldwide. It's our mission to lead the way with better retirement outcomes and keep our clients at the center of everything we do. In an evolving investment landscape, it's up to us to provide real solutions to our clients' biggest challenges. To that end, we combine teams of professionals with knowledge in the different functions required to make this effort successful including relationship management & sales, investment strategy, marketing and product management.
The Head of Retirement Content will be a critical member of the Retirement Marketing team, which focuses on client engagement, product marketing and thought leadership to accelerate commercial growth. This person will collaborate closely with the Retirement Group as well as with partners across Marketing to establish a modern content approach, ultimately crafting thought leadership for strategic distribution with institutions, advisors and end investors. Key responsibilities
We are looking for a Director
to lead content
for Retirement Marketing. In this role, which reports to the Head of Retirement Marketing, you will:
Our ideal candidate is:
- Define and execute a content strategy that aligns client needs with commercial priorities for the retirement business. Develop new and engaging ways for audiences to experience BlackRock's retirement content.
- Drive content development and oversight for ongoing and ad hoc content initiatives including timely analyses, research synopses, actionable insights, and educational information.
- Create content across multiple mediums, optimizing for maximum relevancy across key customer touchpoints. Manage production and editorial, including writing original pieces for web articles, emails, papers, social posts, mobile app stories, video scripts, infographics, etc.
- Transform technical macro investment and product insight, as well as educational content, into formats that are approachable and consumable for targeted audiences.
- Partner with internal and external contributors to source content, positioning BlackRock as a thought leader in the retirement space.
- Collaborate with Retirement Marketing teammates, Global Marketing, the Retirement Group and Corporate Communications to develop content calendar and determine distribution opportunities to appropriately amplify BlackRock's brand and business objectives.
- Cultivate a positive culture within your team and the broader org, coaching your team members to perform at the highest level.
- Proactively leverage data and use insights to measure content effectiveness and identify opportunities for new content.
- Build support for your strategy across the organization and cultivate a collaborative and positive culture of accountability, integrity and open communication.
- Monitor ongoing retirement industry developments and stay on top of trends in content marketing. Continuously seek to improve BlackRock's strategy based on business objectives and client needs.
- Ensure compliance with legal, privacy, brand guidelines and policies.
- A storyteller: you're able to articulate key points in a compelling way to connect with your audience
- Solutions oriented : you're adaptable and imaginative when it comes to solving problems or bringing innovative new ideas to the table
- Collaborative : you thrive in a culture of co-creation and lean in as a team player, remaining accountable throughout
- Forward-thinking : you're always looking to learn about the next new thing, and are willing to roll up your sleeves and dive in to experiment with innovative new ideas
- Digital first: you're enthusiastic about digital mediums and have a deep understanding of what it means to write for web, mobile and social
- 8+ years experience in marketing and/or journalism, with skillsets in content creation and editing. Must have proven success at driving content strategy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, and the ability to interface directly with internal and external partners and clients.
- Deep expertise of Finance, knowledge of the retirement industry is preferred
- Ability to work in an organized way in a high-energy, dynamic environment
- Understanding of search engine optimization and how to write search-friendly copy
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.