Employee Communications and Engagement Specialist
As an Employee Communications and Engagement Specialist, you will be part of a team that creates the strategy for and manages employee communications across Fitch Group and within each of the business units. It is our job to help employees feel connected to the company and their colleagues in a way that motivates them to perform their job to the best of their abilities and encourages them to strive to reach their maximum potential. Our team is responsible for creating and delivering communications programs that support our corporate strategy, business priorities, and enrich the employee experience for our global workforce of 3,000+.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Content creation: writing and producing feature stories and supporting assets for delivery on Fitch’s intranet and other employee communications platforms
- Employee experience lead for the New York or Chicago office, depending on home location, forming and leading an employee experience council with the mission of creating opportunities for local Fitch Group employee interaction and enrichment
- Coordinate employee events in New York and Chicago
- Lead and participate in internal campaign design and execution in support of strategic initiatives
- Contribute to recruiting campaigns and alumni outreach
- Help design new ways of recognizing employees and celebrating expertise, and embedding those new rituals into Fitch’s culture
- Collaborate with colleagues across communications, marketing, HR and other groups to deliver integrated approach to supporting strategic objectives.
To succeed in this role you will need to be able to combine strong writing, message development skills, and creativity with strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines. Collaboration, time management and delivering on commitments are critical.
Qualifications and experience:
- Solid, demonstrable experience in employee communications for a global firm
- Superior writing and editing skills, and a strong editorial voice
- Solid understanding of communications strategy for global and local audiences
- A talent for articulating complex topics in a compelling way through a variety of media
- Must have strong interest in financial markets -- previous experience highly desirable
- Ability to work well on a global team and effectively collaborate with employees at all levels, including analysts, business development, support function professionals, designers, developers, marketers, and press officers to ensure communications assets are comprehensive and easily consumable
- Bachelor’s degree in communications design or journalism, or an equivalent combination of education and experience