Engineering Director, Aladdin Reliability Tools Development
Description About this role Engineering Director
APG - Platform Engineering
Location: New York / London BlackRock Company Description:
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.8 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock. Job Purpose
As the Engineering Director for Aladdin Reliability Tools Development, you'll lead three scrum teams that work across Aladdin Platform areas. Our objectives are to modernize SDLC processes, developer experience, automation and reliability within Aladdin's technology platform. We are building the internal products that are used by Aladdin's 2000+ developers. The team has a global footprint, with members in New York, Princeton, San Francisco, London, Budapest and Gurgaon. Key responsibilities:
• An ideal candidate has strong experience leading product development initiatives and systems engineering initiatives. They are a skilled systems architect with knowledge of how to motivate and run a high-performance engineering team.
• They will work across a large number of partnerships within Aladdin, identifying requirements, understanding when to say no, and broadcasting priorities and plans to senior leadership.
• They will lead architectural design across multiple areas, including initiatives like Aladdin configuration management, developer systems, automated data management systems, etc.
• They will manage three experienced VPs and their teams, continuing to foster the culture of excellence and personal growth that is expected within Aladdin. Core Requirements:
• Experience in architectural design roles with examples of success leading complex initiatives across significant organizations
• A strong understanding of SDLC processes, CI/CD and how to do performant, reliable engineering at scale
• Experience managing and developing other leaders (either other managers or technical leads)
• Able to handle complex, cross-domain application management in a global organization across several time zones
• Able to communicate effectively both upward and downward, including an ability to distill corporate objectives into tangible engineering efforts and maintain a focus on a small number of truly important initiatives
• Extensive experience with enterprise software development in Java technology stacks (preference for additional experience with Go, Python and c++)
• Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and project management, not only the basics but also how to cater Agile to the needs of specific teams Leadership:
• Lead a global team of about 20 engineers with folks in the United States, Europe and India
• Manage and lead complex projects that affect all of Aladdin development • Communicate effectively with executive leadership Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.