Equities ALGO Quant Developer
As a Barclays Equities ALGO Quant Developer, you will be working within the Statistical Modelling and Development team. You will have the opportunity to design and develop reusable frameworks to underpin our market analytics, execution strategies and models. This is an exciting opportunity to create best in class business logic and models, involving requirements gathering, design, implementation, productionisation, optimisation, monitoring and support.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
• Implementing Equities trading models while working with quantitative analysts, developers from the technology organization, product team and traders
• Reviewing the implementation of other software developers with close attention to detail
• You will be responsible for accurately documenting the trading logic
• Participating in the testing of the trading models, challenging the model logic, and providing constructive criticism to improve the model What we're looking for:
• Bachelors degree in a related field (STEM or Finance)
• Experience in a Quantitative Development role in a similar financial institution Skills that will help you in the role:
• Mastering the Q analytics query language
• Knowledge of the trade process
• Knowledge of statistical analysis
• Expertise in software development practices Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.