Estate Settlement Officer II (New York, NY)
Job Description: Role Overview
Accountable for managing larger, more complex, probate estates and deceased grantor trusts that require a higher level of technical expertise and knowledge. Responsible for increasing estate revenue through developing and maintaining partnerships with Private Wealth Management business partners and other internal line of business referrals. Participate in sales calls as needed, offering Estate Settlement expertise. Coordinate communication with internal support partners (Tax, Compliance, Real Estate) to ensure accurate, timely and efficient administration, and to manage business risk. Builds and maintains relationships with external business partners (Attorneys and CPAs) and other organizations to promote awareness of Estate Settlement Services. Act as a technical resource on the Estate Settlement team. With responsibility for coaching, developing and mentoring Estate Settlement Assistants and other team members. Non-licensed role. Key Skills Requirements
- Minimum of 5+ years personal trust/estate settlement/investment related experience
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and technical skills
- Demonstrated oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and abilities
- Ability to work in a multi-task environment with minimum supervision while demonstrating teamwork and delivering client satisfaction
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Bank of America's proprietary PACE system, probate administration (multi-state), fiduciary income tax and estate taxes preferred
- Ability to work on dual platforms, settling estates for both US Trust (PACE) and Merrill Lynch Trust (PIERCE)
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience and/or an advanced degree, JD or paralegal certification preferred.
Private Bank, Bank of America Private Wealth Management is a leading private wealth management organization providing vast resources and customized solutions to help meet clients' wealth structuring, investment management, banking and credit needs. Clients are served by teams of experienced advisors offering a range of financial products and services, including investment management, financial and succession planning, philanthropic and specialty asset management, family office services, custom credit solutions, financial administration and family trust stewardship.
Private Bank is part of the Global Wealth and Investment Management unit of Bank of America, N.A., which is a global leader in wealth management, private banking and retail brokerage. Private Bank employs more than 4,100 professionals and maintains 135 offices in 33 states. Shift:
1st shift (United States of America) Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role