Experience Design Researcher - Commercial Bank Design Center of Excellence - New York, NY
Join an innovative, design-led transformation team and help us reimagine the experience of our customers while creating impactful changes to the organization.
We are looking for a creative and resourceful Experience Design Researcher with strong research skills and leadership experience to join our Commercial Bank Design Center of Excellence. As an ideal candidate, you contribute a deep subject matter expertise within a particular research area and a broad skillset spanning a range of research methodologies, including quantitative, qualitative, generative, formative, and evaluative. You are a self-starter, comfortable working with shifting directives and ambiguity.
As an Experience Design Researcher, you will be responsible for scoping and crafting research strategy, designing and conducting research, and delivering actionable insights for a variety of digital projects. Leading with empathy and customer-centricity, you will work closely with designers, product managers, technical leaders, and senior business executives to transform end-to-end customer experiences in a fast-paced, dynamic, and ever-evolving environment. Key Responsibilities:
- Quickly understand the goals and needs of project stakeholders, while centering on the goals and needs of the end-users
- Develop ambitious yet realistic research strategies and proposals
- Execute research initiatives on time and budget
- Plan and conduct strategic customer research in close collaboration with design, product, technology, and business stakeholders
- Design and facilitate engaging, outcome-focused Design Thinking workshops, both for end-users and project stakeholders
- Synthesize research findings and create relevant, revealing, and inspiring artifacts (personas, journey maps, storyboards, service blueprints, task flows, etc.)
- Share knowledge with project teams through engaging media ( audio, video, visual design, writing, etc.)
- Deliver design recommendations with confidence and consideration for diverse stakeholders
- Translate relevant business and user problems into meaningful solutions through prototyping, testing, and iteration
- Champion the user at each stage of the discovery, design, and development process
- Lead and mentor other designers and educate the firm on Design Thinking
- A degree in Interaction Design, User ExperienceDesign, Service Design, Visual Design, HCI, or related fields
- 7-8 years of experience with strategic designresearch
- Excellent visual, verbal, and writtencommunication skills
- Fluency in design, prototyping, and presentationsoftware such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, InVision, and Keynote
- Deep understanding of the Design Thinkingmethodology, both as a practitioner and educator
- Presentation or portfolio of work to communicateoutcome and process
- Financial services experience
- Leadership experience
The final officer title and jobgrade is at the discretion of the firm and will be discussed at the time ofoffer. It may be different than what is listed on the requisition based oncandidate experience level.