Our client is one of the worlds leading hedge funds, with a diverse range of investment strategies across all major asset classes. Due to the organic growth in the United States, they require an experienced FED Settlements Associate to join the team in New York.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced operations professional who has demonstrated the ability to function independently, work in teams, assume leadership roles, innovate, project manage, and who is looking to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
This role will be part of the US Settlements team and will be responsible for managing all operation components of DTC/FED Settlements, Tri-party Repo, and/or Securities Lending, as well as driving regulatory, process and technology improvements. This person will add value by working several projects, facing of to Technology and the Business to ensure STP is met.
- Work with counterparties and depositories to instruct, monitor, and settle buys/sells and repo trades for equities (DTC), government bonds (FED), mortgage backed securities, and physicals- Work with counterparties and depositories to instruct, monitor, and settle borrow, loan, and buy-in events through DTC and Loanet
- Manage daily contract maintenance events, including mark-to-market, contract compare, rate changes, and recalls
- Agree to and settle daily repo margin exposure with counterparties
- Manage internal and external intra-day cash flows to support settlements
- Reconcile internal accounts to external settlement depositories
- Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or above is essential.
- 3-5 years’ experience in back office (clearing, settlements), financial or operations environment
- Familiar with financial markets and instruments, specifically equities and fixed income products
- Prior experiences in FED Settlements, Tri-party Repo, and/or Securities Lending
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures
- Motivated, self-starter, demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently
- Project management experience, capable of innovating and driving projects to completion
- Interested in growing into leadership roles within the team
- Understanding and experience driving straight-through processing (STP)
- Advanced proficient in Microsoft Excel (ie: formulas, v-lookups, pivot tables) and data analysis