You are a highly numerate quant developer or data engineer with exceptional Python coding skills. You will be experienced with, and passionate about working with large quantities of data, and excited by the prospect of working very closely with a top portfolio manager. You're self-motivated, ambitious, and able to work effectively in a fully-remote capacity. In this role your work will have a direct impact on the team's success and be very visible to the wider business. My client is a leading investment management firm with its origins in a highly successful trading desk of a tier 1 investment bank.
Join a leading investment manager as a founding member of a small remote trading team. My client is looking to hire a highly numerical Quantitative Developer/Data Engineer to support a high performing PM in a fully remote capacity, though based on the East Coast to ensure synchronisation of time zones. You should have experience working with large quantities of data (both structured and unstructured), including building data pipelines, exceptional python coding skills, and either experience or a demonstrable interest in the world of finance.
Over time, for the right candidate, there is potential for this role to become more research orientated.
As well as a strong base salary, compensation for this role includes a highly competitive and wholly meritocratic bonus
Work closely with the PM –
- Supporting them with their data needs and undertaking ad hoc research into data related issues.
- Design and implementation of production software to collect, normalise and clean vast quantities of disparate data used for both trading strategy research and real-time automated decision making.
- Design and maintenance of databases containing a variety of data (prices as well as fundamental information) on a large universe of financial instruments.
- Developing tools to analyse and compare data from multiple sources. Make recommendations regarding sources of data.
- Develop tools to source and process non-standardised information that may be of interest to research.
- Develop enhancements to a library of analytical tools for manipulating financial data.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from a leading University
- Strong python coding skills are essential
- Experience building data pipelines and working with large quantities of structured and unstructured data
- Experience of relevant big data technologies
- Strong quantitative aptitude
- Finance experience is not necessary (though beneficial) however you should be a keen learner with an active interest
- Ability to collaborate but also work efficiently independently
- Highly ambitious, desire to work hard and contribute to a successful business
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via eFinancial Careers.
If you would like more information, please feel free to drop me an email so we can arrange a time to speak - I'd welcome the chance to address any questions you might have.
I can also be reached via WhatsApp at +44 7875 717 285
I look forward to hearing from you!