Finance, Finance Planning & Analysis, Global Markets Operations & Engineering, Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT:
Are you looking to apply your creative and analytical skills to deepen your understanding of the Operations & Engineering Division, while being at the forefront of divisional strategy? Our Finance team is seeking an innovative, experienced professional to serve in a key capacity overseeing sub divisional finances. In this role, you will collaborate with both local and global leadership across Operations, Engineering, and the Global Markets on a variety of topics including budget management, business planning, F2B expenses, financial analytics, and firmwide budget processes. You will have an opportunity to contribute to the way our financial information is leveraged to make business decisions and form the foundation of our strategy. OUR IMPACT:
The Global Markets Operations and Engineering (GMOE) Finance team is a dynamic and flexible team, constantly adapting to the evolving priorities of the broader organization. Whether collaborating on regional glidepaths building out financial models for speculative business opportunities, or providing transparency into budgetary trends, the team serves as the primary interface between GMOE and cross divisional leadership to ensure alignment and execution of strategies and initiatives. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
- Learn and leverage the firm' financial framework to help fund the organization and enable business decisions and delivery
- Co-pilot business decisions that are grounded in sound financial criteria; act as a strategic financial advisor and monitor outcomes/measure performance
- Maintain and ensure adherence to budget: headcount/hiring, consulting, outsourcing, and travel spend
- Partner with leadership to drive financial literacy and provide transparency and insight through analytics, reporting, and education
- Manage F2B business expenses. Provide transparency into expense trends and partner with business unit leadership to ensure quality of allocation framework
- Articulate concepts and drive ideas forward with the leadership team, including new business opportunities, execution strategies, and budget tracking
- Design, develop and support key financial reports and tracking tools, capabilities and dashboards; ensure compliance with divisional guidelines
- Conduct financial and headcount analysis, including annual and quarterly planning processes
- Provide input to and validate financial reports, including tracking and forecasting of headcount, expenses and allocations.
- Leverage available information to suggest focus areas to management; guide managers on the implications of their data
- Influence and guide senior management presentations covering business planning, operating goals and strategic initiatives
- Implement processes/workflows to streamline all aspects of budgeting and financial planning.
- Act as a point person across GMOE for all inquiries and requests on finance related issues
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of experience in FP&A role at a similar financial institution.
- Highly articulate with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Organized and self-motivated with ability to work independently, multi-task, and manage conflicting priorities
- Proven analytical skills and problem solving ability paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Consistently able to produce high quality deliverables while working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate and gain consensus across multiple groups (Business, Engineering, other teams), in multiple regions, at various levels of seniority
- Strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams
- Ability to lead initiatives to completion; flexible and able to respond positively to change
- Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Strong lateral thinker who challenges the status quo and is able to execute on ideas and strategy
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Accounting or Finance background with at least 2 years of related experience
- Knowledge of Operations & Technology in financial institutions and support model - ie how Engineering interfaces with various producing divisions and their products
- Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase
- Experience with QlikView, Alteryx, Tableau, and other BI capabilities
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity