Fixed Income and Equities ("FIEQ") Business Manager
For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. The firm is a leading custodian with assets under custody or administration of $45 trillion and assets under management of $2.3 trillion.
The Markets business helps both BNY Mellon and 3rd party clients' access financial markets to solve their trading, financing, liquidity and collateral needs. We are the world's largest agent lender; have the number one money-market investment portal in the market; and, have established a leading collateral segregation offering.
The Markets business has approximately 550 people spread across 28 locations globally. Within Markets, there are over 2,500 clients in more than 80 jurisdictions. The Markets business is primarily organized into four businesses: i) Foreign Exchange; ii) Securities Finance; iii) Liquidity and Margin Services; and, iv) Fixed Income and Equities. Role:
This role is part of the Fixed Income and Equities Business Management Team. Business Management is a group within the Front Office (Sales and Trading) that is, among other things, responsible for partnering with the Head of Business to develop and drive business strategy, coordinate and execute business initiatives, represent the business across Business Support functions, and the day-to-day management of the business.
With the recent history of environmental events (pandemic, severe weather) and emerging non-financial risks such as expanded cyber threats, the business wants to add to the Business Management Team to focus on the preparation and response to such events. As such, we want to add a role to the Team that will focus on resiliency.
The Resilience Coordinator is responsible for supporting the FIEQ business from a Resilience Program perspective. The role is comprised of four core areas: Business Understanding, Resilience Planning, Testing and Awareness, and Crisis Management. The role will partner with peers across the other Markets businesses.
- Support efforts to develop, maintain, assess, and improve BNY Mellon Markets business recovery plans and procedural documents
- Maintain Business Service Framework and Business Impact Analysis for their respective business.
- Manage Front Office interaction with business services and key stakeholders to ensure all documents, activities, updates and signoffs are completed on-time and in an appropriate manner
- Coordinate alternate site and cross regional testing and document results and action items.
- Work with recovery coordinators in critical lines of business to ensure plans remain fit for purpose and up to date
- Identify plan gaps and provide FIEQ management with mitigation solutions; update plans as required
- Partner with technology to coordinate business participation in technology recovery exercises
- Contributes to efforts to develop a strong business continuity compliance culture and further develop the program's effectiveness
- Represent the business during real-time disruptions, and act as backup during crisis events which may occur during or after working hours.
- Sales and Trading Infrastructure and process knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to work on simultaneous projects across multiple teams with short lead times.
- Strong influencing skills, including ability to articulate complex issues and incorporate feedback.
- PC skills: Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Word), Confluence, SharePoint.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and calm under pressure.
- Willingness to learn, develop, and take on additional responsibilities when required.
- 3 - 5 Years in Fixed Income and/or Equities Business Management
- 2 - 3 Years of business continuity management exposure in a regional or global workplace environment, within a Financial Services, Markets or Securities driven business.
- Bachelors degree